2021 CYCC Online, Jul 3rd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Amit R View Post
    BTW, when are the CFC ratings expected to be updated?
    So the kind folks at ChessStream are building a CFC-custom converter from their rating file formats (US Chess based) to our fundamental CFC formats (CTR & TMS). We're now at the stage of confirming everything is perfect, both as to accuracy and format, considering final tweaks, etc. One of the reasons we're doing this is because we're hoping to run similar events in the future, and the more turnkey the operation is, the better. Back to our rating update, at this hour, I doubt we'll make tonight's run, but we're getting close. Note also that Bob is ridiculously busy with Worlds, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Aris Marghetis View Post

So the kind folks at ChessStream are building a CFC-custom converter from their rating file formats (US Chess based) to our fundamental CFC formats (CTR & TMS). We're now at the stage of confirming everything is perfect, both as to accuracy and format, considering final tweaks, etc. One of the reasons we're doing this is because we're hoping to run similar events in the future, and the more turnkey the operation is, the better. Back to our rating update, at this hour, I doubt we'll make tonight's run, but we're getting close. Note also that Bob is ridiculously busy with Worlds, etc.
      Thank you, Aris, for the kind update.

Comment

Originally posted by Amit R View Post

Thank you, Aris, for the kind update.
        My pleasure Amit! I gotta say, after so much chess life rubbish, this Online CYCC, especially working with Christina and Bob, was a wonderful jolt of positivity! I don't know that mere words could do justice to the incredible attitudes shown by dozens of Organizer-types, Arbiters, volunteers, Fair Play, Appeals, etc. So many people thinking of the kids first, not trying to "leverage"(LOL) anything.

I haven't felt this good about Canadian chess in a while: this Online CYCC was a superb experience!

Comment

Team Canada with 50 players officially registered into FIDE Online Cadets and Youths World Cup.
          FIDE Online World Cup : https://youth-worldcup.fide.com/

After the original registration of 30 players, Canada is given extra 20 wild cards in the last few hours before the registration is fully closed.
          I am able to invite players who tied for 2nd place, tied for 3rd place, 4th place and tied for 4th place from CYCC Online to join into this incredible Team Canada journey. Now the team just increases from 30 to 50 players.
          This is the largest delegate that I have in recent years either in over the board or online tournaments. Canada is the 5th largest delegate after Inda, USA, Russia, and Georgia with a total of 1463 players from 82 countries registered into this event. This will be a huge event and a great experience for many players.

Team Captain:Christina Tao
          Assistant Captain: Victoria Doknjas
          Communication Assistance: James Tan
          Team Canada : Team with 50 players

Chess-Results.com
          Team composition (all 50 players) are on Chess-results.com

http://chess-results.com/tnr565782.a...db=CAN&flag=30

Congratulation to all players who advance into FIDE Online World Cup tournament
          U10 Girls
          Rae Chen
          Kailey Liu
          Marie Zijun Guan
          Ashley Qian
          Caitlin Wang

U10 Open
          Modith Aaroh Mutyalapati
          Aaron Reeve Mendes
          Zachary Hankun Liu
          Jifan Zhao

U12 Girls
          Hanxi Jiang
          Anu Purevjamts
          Helena Jin
          Alexa Roque
          Anaïs Chloé Fiset

U12 Open
          Johnathan Han
          Leo Lin
          Michael Shi
          Azher Hossain
          Henry Yao

U14 Girls
          Rachel Ruoxuan Chen
          Yu Han Guo
          Kaitlyn Tao

U14 Open
          Daniel Xu
          Ilia Batorshyn
          Emanuel Kot
          Rafael Adam
          Vincent Latorre
          Max Chen
          Aayush Ajith
          Eric Ning
          Hemant Srinivasan
          Noah Nathaniel Yuen
          Shreyas Prasanna

U16 Girls
          Larissa Stevenson
          Julia Tsukerman
          Hazel Guo

U16 Open
          Nameer Issani
          Neil Doknjas
          Tanaka, Taira Tyler
          Richard Zheng
          Anirud Chakkoli
          Jinghui Bai

U18 Girls
          Svitlana Demchenko
          Isabelle Wang
          Kylie Tan
          Michaela Schneider

U18 Open
          Shawn Rodrigue-Lemieux
          Rohan Talukdar
          Andrew Hemstapat
          Arhant Washimkar

Cheer Team Canada
          Christina Tao
          FIDE Online World Cup Team Captain
          CFC Youth Coordinator
          Last edited by Christina Tao; Friday, 16th July, 2021, 07:22 AM.

Comment

This wonderful event has now been officially CFC-rated (thanks to Bob & Don).

Thanks again to everyone who was a part of this, especially Christina & Bob!!

Comment

Thanks for your hard work and communications Aris.

Comment

Working...
              X