"Marketing the Mozart of Chess": From Queen's University School of Business mag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Marketing the Mozart of Chess": From Queen's University School of Business mag

I came across a very interesting article from 2016, published in the magazine of the Queen's University School of Business, covering the marketing of World Champion GM Magnus Carlsen. The title is "Marketing the Mozart of Chess". His business manager is a graduate of the Queen's MBA program, in Kingston. Magus has done well financially in his role as world champion.

I plan to bring the article to this site, soon!!

https://smith.queensu.ca/magazine/is...zart-chess.php
    "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
    "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

I read the gist of this before somewhere but this is a much better article. The last line is telling: "When you put things out to the universe, they can really come back to you" A Canadian! We should celebrate.

Comment

Thanks to Peter for bringing the URL for this article to chesstalk!! And to Hans for his positive feedback.
        Something concrete for Canada which evolved from this relationship is Carlsen's sponsorship of the University Teams event; that began in January 2016, with donations of 'Play Magnus', the program which allows challenges to him at different rating levels.

Comment

Working...
        X