2021 Banff Open Nov 12-14. Entries now open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am sad to announce the withdrawal of our defending champion WIM Agnieszka Matras-Clement from the Banff Open. National Master Keith MacKinnon was on top of our waiting list for Over 1800 section and he has taken Agnieszka's spot.
    Last edited by Ian Findlay; Wednesday, 13th October, 2021, 02:51 PM.

Comment

and to think Keith was complaining to me just two days ago as to how he missed the cuttoff.....

Comment

Originally posted by Roger Patterson View Post
        and to think Keith was complaining to me just two days ago as to how he missed the cuttoff.....
        Actually it is a good thing there is a tournament in Victoria at the same time. We just had too much demand this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Findlay View Post

Actually it is a good thing there is a tournament in Victoria at the same time. We just had too much demand this year.
          we would also have had no problem with a record attendance with normal spacing. People are just ready to play and there seems to be a Beth Harmon boom as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Findlay View Post
            Thanks Neil. This could be epic.

They're done! They're being shipped in the next day or two :)

Click image for larger version  Name:	B.O_2021_pin_1a.gif Views:	0 Size:	90.1 KB ID:	216038

Comment

They look great! Thanks Neil

Comment

They said the pins will arrive here in Ottawa early next week :)

Perhaps next year we will do some Banff Open skewers?

Comment

It is with sadness that I announce the withdrawal of Ameet Ghasi for personal reasons. Last night Banff received a blanket of snow, so please bring your boots and appropriate clothes. I will send out an email to all participants in a day or two giving more details of the tournament, COVID protocol etc. Thanks everyone.

Comment

I have created a FB page called Banff Chess Open 2021. I hope to post games, pictures, results and possibly pairings there.

Comment

Originally posted by Neil Frarey View Post

They're done! They're being shipped in the next day or two :)

Click image for larger version Name:	B.O_2021_pin_1a.gif Views:	0 Size:	90.1 KB ID:	216038
                      The pins have arrived. Thank you SoCA for your generous and clever donation. You can see my wife modelling the pin on the Banff Chess Open 2021 FB page.
                      https://www.facebook.com/search/top?...%20open%202021

Comment

Working...
                      X