Mickey Adams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mickey Adams

Mickey Adams turns 50 later this year and is still playing incredibly well.
    https://www.chessbomb.com/arena/2021...l-Grieve_Harry Nxe6 is a signature Adams move. Its a discovery and zwischenzug (inbetween move).
    It only nets a pawn but with Mickey's active rooks its more than enough.

I had read about Adams during the 90s during my most active chess years and always considered him one of the giants of the game. I was really surprised when I met him at the Isle of Man event and he turned out to be very mild mannered and non threatening. Of course, when we played in the biltz tournament, I learned my first impression was correct all along :D

Comment

Originally posted by David Ottosen View Post
      I had read about Adams during the 90s during my most active chess years and always considered him one of the giants of the game. I was really surprised when I met him at the Isle of Man event and he turned out to be very mild mannered and non threatening. Of course, when we played in the biltz tournament, I learned my first impression was correct all along :D
      Yes, whenever I've met him (Arbiter-ed him), he's always been very polite, gracious, etc., real class act.

Comment

Didnt Mickey Adams play in Edmonton awhile ago? - or is my memory faulty?

Comment

Working...
        X