World Champions 1994 and after

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World Champions 1994 and after

I have a fantastic poster which shows the World Chess Champions from 1886 to 1993...complete with pictures.

This is what I found:

"In the 1990s, the World Champion title became mired in a confusing jumble of personalities, organizations, claims, and counterclaims."

Can someone in the know, fill in from 1994 to 2021?

I would like to up-date this poster. I have an extra poster available for the person who I determine has filled in all the blanks correctly :).

You can e-mail me at bevand at chess hyphen math dot org.

You have until October 12, 2021. Please justify your choices with links so that I can verify them.

Larry

Wiki is one of the best place to create a list with reign years.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Worl...s_Championship

How many are world champions for 1993 in your poster? Or what they write?

New names /photos for the poster
    Khalifman
    Kramnik
    Anand
    Ponomariov
    Kasimdzhanov
    Topalov
    Carlsen

Comment

Hi Egidis,

Thanks for your input! I have pics of 13 World Champions on the poster.

Do you have dates for that and references?

I am cleaning my house...just came across two posters from the 1995 World Chess Championship at the World Trade Centrer,,,September 11 to October 13, 1995...Kasparov vs Anand... I went down with Tom O'Donnell and Dave Ross. The game was a draw....I remember Dave saying something like...you drive like them, so I feel safe in your car LOL.

If you want one, send me an e-mail with what you are willing to pay for this. A collector's item for sure!

Larry

Comment

Réjean Tremblay posted a link on the French board which answers the question. I will produce a new poster and you can pick it up at the Toronto shop...thanks for your input! No charge.

Larry

Comment

Originally posted by Larry Bevand View Post
          If you want one, send me an e-mail with what you are willing to pay for this. A collector's item for sure
          Thnx Larry, though I'm not in posters. Right people might pay good cash, just find them :)

Does your curriculum have a project for kids to create such posters? That should be a good activity to learn about championships.

Comment

Originally posted by Egidijus Zeromskis View Post
            Wiki is one of the best place to create a list with reign years.
            https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Worl...s_Championship

How many are world champions for 1993 in your poster? Or what they write?

New names /photos for the poster
            Khalifman
            Kramnik
            Anand
            Ponomariov
            Kasimdzhanov
            Topalov
            Carlsen
            It should be big photo of Kramnik-Anand-Carlsen, medium photo of Topalov and small photo of Khalifman-Ponomariov-Kasimzhanov

Comment

Originally posted by Victor Plotkin View Post

It should be big photo of Kramnik-Anand-Carlsen, medium photo of Topalov and small photo of Khalifman-Ponomariov-Kasimzhanov
              1993 aside, it seems to me that in backwards order we have only Carlsen, Anand, Kramnik, Kasparov, Karpov, Fischer, Spassky and so forth. Boxing pulled the same stunt long before chess did and then developed the concept of "linear champion" as opposed to a champion put forth by a newer organization that sidestepped the normal process and at times avoided/ducked the best players/fighters.

Comment

Working...
              X