2021 US Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Brad Thomson View Post

This interesting proposition does not express the reason why women's programs were devised in the first place.
    That has been discussed so many times over the years with no consensus reached! I didn't have the energy to bring it up again.
    "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
    "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

• Hi Pargat & Bob G:

I will be limiting my use of the internet for the next two weeks. I do do this regularly.

I think we have developed an interesting, and from time to time, informative thread. I have read Pargat's last post on this.

I just wanted you to know that I did not disappear for a while because of frustration, etc. I will hope to pick up the discussion again when I return. In the meantime, I'll look forward to the intervening "enlightening" posts by others, on my return.

Bob A

Comment

• Originally posted by Brad Thomson View Post
        Is it because women want to have their cake and eat it too, and because men want to give it to them?
        Or.... is it because women want their shoes and to wear them too, and men want to sell them shoes?

Comment

• Originally posted by Peter McKillop View Post

That has been discussed so many times over the years with no consensus reached! I didn't have the energy to bring it up again.
          Peter, what a wasted opportunity! You had the chance to say something inflammatory, and then watch the fun! At the end, the thread could be debating whether women are more suited than men for travel to Alpha Centauri! Where, incidentally, there is a chess rating pool of Similaars whose ratings peak around 2850!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bob Armstrong View Post
            Hi Pargat & Bob G:

I will be limiting my use of the internet for the next two weeks. I do do this regularly.

I think we have developed an interesting, and from time to time, informative thread. I have read Pargat's last post on this.

I just wanted you to know that I did not disappear for a while because of frustration, etc. I will hope to pick up the discussion again when I return. In the meantime, I'll look forward to the intervening "enlightening" posts by others, on my return.

Bob A
            Ok Bob, have a great hiatus from the grid. Do some Earthing every day (sitting outside with bare feet resting flat on open ground for about 10 minutes, known to improve chess ratings by a few Elo points!)

Comment

• Originally posted by Pargat Perrer View Post

Ok Bob, have a great hiatus from the grid. Do some Earthing every day (sitting outside with bare feet resting flat on open ground for about 10 minutes, known to improve chess ratings by a few Elo points!)
              You really do have a way with words, don't you! Prat!
              Fred Harvey

Comment

• Originally posted by Pargat Perrer View Post

Peter, what a wasted opportunity! You had the chance to say something inflammatory, and then watch the fun! At the end, the thread could be debating whether women are more suited than men for travel to Alpha Centauri! Where, incidentally, there is a chess rating pool of Similaars whose ratings peak around 2850!
                LOL!! Sometimes it's better to wait. Too much fun in too short a time span can be bad for the digestion.
                "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
                "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

• Originally posted by Fred Harvey View Post

You really do have a way with words, don't you! Prat!
                  I don't see anything wrong with what Pargat said.

Comment

• Hi Guys:

I do go barefoot in the house, deck and front lawn. I'm still wearing shorts. I now have to go fill our three birdfeeders. I always spend at least 1/2 hr. out on the deck, morning, afternoon, or evening...........in contemplation (My form of meditation).

I really do try to refrain from posting here during my "interlude", but I couldn't resist the temptation on this one.

Bob A

Comment

Working...
                    X