2022 CCYC (Canada Chess Youth Club) Winter IM Norm tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2022 CCYC (Canada Chess Youth Club) Winter IM Norm tournament

The CCYC team is pleased to announce they will be running an IM norm tournament in Richmond Hill during the first week of January. Details are being finalized behind the scenes, but we wanted to make this initial post, so that keen players could reserve their spot early. There will be 3 IMs who will be remunerated for their roles, and 7 norm-seekers who already have appropriate ratings.

Personalized invitations will be issued this coming week. If already interested, please email me at:
    arismarghetis at rogers dot com

Hello again, we're pleased to report registrations are progressing nicely:

- IM Tangi Migot (FRA) has been confirmed as our first non-Canadian IM
    - 6 other non-Canadian IMs are applying for the other 2 IM "positions"
    - 3 Canadian norm seekers: Jordan Clyde, Zachary Dukic, Mike Ivanov

Note that of the remaining 4 norm-seekers, that at least one of them will be non-Canadian, which leaves at most 3 remaining slots for Canadian norm-seekers.

If you're interested, please email me at arismarghetis at rogers dot com

Comment

Hello again, a quick note that we have the 10 players (and some backups, in case of travel visa hiccups).

I'll be emailing everyone today or tomorrow, and then we'll very shortly have the draw for pairing colours.

Thank you, kind regards, Aris Marghetis.

P.S. I don't mind more emails of interest, in case we can hold a second section.

Comment

I keep my fingers crossed that Ottawa doesn't close the borders...

Comment

Originally posted by Réjean Tremblay View Post
          I keep my fingers crossed that Ottawa doesn't close the borders...
          Working behind the scenes on that ... it's messy.

Comment

I just had a couple of great conversations regarding our final players to join!
            For players who have already been confirmed, I just sent you a status email.

Comment

It is with disappointed understanding that, given immediate updates to COVID regulations within the Province of Ontario, we need to postpone this event. And I've also just emailed all the players and staff.

For entry fee refunds, please email me to confirm your email address for e-transfers. For international players who paid via PayPal, please provide such info, and we'll take care of refunding you that way.

We are tentatively aiming to re-schedule this for 5 days within the time period of March 12th-20th. However, these are very unpredictable times. So, we might simply be forced to wait even longer.

https://news.ontario.ca/en/release/1...nse-to-omicron

Comment

Working...
              X