Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chess Stories on YouTube

Hey everyone,

I know many people didn't get the chance of chess coaching growing up, and had to do the hard work of self-learning. I made a YouTube channel for folks who didn't have these opportunities, and those who just like to enjoy classic masterpieces explained. It's designed to be accessible to all ages and levels. If you want to see any specific games, comment and I'll try to make them. Trying to avoid overdone classics like opera-house and game of the century, in favour of underrated gems. Cheers!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEx...DY_gIlc44yQgjQ
    Last edited by Mike Ivanov; Monday, 25th October, 2021, 02:42 PM.

Originally posted by Mike Ivanov View Post
    Hey everyone,

I know many people didn't get the chance of chess coaching growing up, and had to do the hard work of self-learning. I made a YouTube channel for folks who didn't have these opportunities, and those who just like to enjoy classic masterpieces explained. It's designed to be accessible to all ages and levels. If you want to see any specific games, comment and I'll try to make them. Trying to avoid overdone classics like opera-house and game of the century, in favour of underrated gems. Cheers!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEx...yQgjQ/featured
    Great initiative, Mike. I think my son would love it.

Comment

Hey Mike, congrats on the effort!!!

What's going to happen after the first month?

Comment

Originally posted by Amit R View Post

Great initiative, Mike. I think my son would love it.
        Thanks Amit. Because of spending the last 10 years teaching kids, it may seem a bit childish at times, but my friends say Agadmator is intimidating for them so maybe not a bad thing :)

Comment

Originally posted by Neil Frarey View Post
          Hey Mike, congrats on the effort!!!

What's going to happen after the first month?

Thanks! If it goes well and I see that it's making a difference, will keep going and maybe get other teachers to contribute. Otherwise, will probably post once in a blue moon for fun...

Comment

Interesting initiative Mike. Good teaching games. I'll help spread the word.

Comment

Thanks! If it goes well and I see that it's making a difference, will keep going and maybe get other teachers to contribute. Otherwise, will probably post once in a blue moon for fun...
              Awesome! We will also be please to mention Canada Chess Youth Club!

FYI Mike ... that image in your website's Home page banner with the white pawn ... that Adobe stock image has the black pieces set up incorrectly for Standard chess...

Click image for larger version  Name:	ccyc_banner_image_oops_1b.gif Views:	0 Size:	306.3 KB ID:	216081

Click image for larger version  Name:	ccyc_banner_image_oops_1a.gif Views:	0 Size:	264.7 KB ID:	216082

...just sayin'

Last edited by Neil Frarey; Saturday, 23rd October, 2021, 04:20 AM.

Comment

Thanks Amit. Because of spending the last 10 years teaching kids, it may seem a bit childish at times, but my friends say Agadmator is intimidating for them so maybe not a bad thing :)
                My son just watched 3-4 episodes ; I heard him giggling a lot.

He can follow Agadmator's videos just fine, but I saw a few fragments of your videos along with him, and think you've got something special : the funny delivery, and the emphasis on basic prinicples, especially opening principles, like central control, development, king safety etc., does put you in a bit of a niche.

Keep going; I think you can create something truly special if you stick to it.

Comment

Thanks Neil, and will see what can be done about the website, good eye :)

Amit, that's really inspiring. I do feel like there's a niche there because when parents asked about videos for kids, I couldn't think of anyone specifically.

Comment

Thanks Neil, and will see what can be done about the website, good eye :)

Amit, that's really inspiring. I do feel like there's a niche there because when parents asked about videos for kids, I couldn't think of anyone specifically.
                    Most welcome Mike! If you guys need any help with your WordPress content management, including some fresh graphics, just let me know ... glad to help!

Comment

Nice to see the name change : "Master Chess" (with ambiguity about noun/verb) is a lot better than "Chess Stories" .

Comment

Working...
                      X