CFC Newsletter is now available (sort of)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CFC Newsletter is now available (sort of)

The first newsletter is finished. It has not been posted on the CFC site yet, and I'm not sure how it will be accessed from there.

For now, if you are a CFC member, send me an email and I will email a copy to you.

Please be kind. This is my first attempt at the newsletter. I welcome your comments on how to improve it.

Email to tficzere@telus.net

Regards

Tony

Re: CFC Newsletter is now available (sort of)

Good work Tony. On time as promised.

But, I thought the CFC office would be doing a mass emailing to members? I guess you're not just the editor, but delivery boy as well!:D

Comment

Hi there, I just received an email from the CFC office with the newsletter attached. My security programs are not flagging the PDF attachment as dangerous. Anyone else try?

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Aris Marghetis View Post
        Hi there, I just received an email from the CFC office with the newsletter attached. My security programs are not flagging the PDF attachment as dangerous. Anyone else try?

Thanks!
        My silent too.

While I have read long time ago that it is possible to include viruses into PDF, but never seen myself such file.

Have you liked the newsletter?

Comment

Originally posted by Aris Marghetis View Post

Thanks!
          Why would you expect security programs to flag a .pdf file as dangerous??
          I had no trouble opening it or looking through it. Then again, I didn't use Adobe Reader to open it (there have been recent reports of vulnerabilities in Adobe's reader program, but I don't use it because it is a resource hog).

As I posted on the CFC board, -WELL DONE Tony (and contributors too)

Very professional. I will look closer at it over the next few days and may have some (minor) recommendations, but overall I would say it is excellent!
          ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

Hi Tony

Just looked at the CFC Newsletter
            looks very nicely done great job!

Thanks Lee

Comment

Wow Tony, I am really enjoying the first newsletter! I'll send you a report this weekend.

Comment

Thanks for the kind words.

Really, its the contributers who need to be thanked. I'm just the publishing monkey (usually I'm the pairing monkey).

To really make the newsletter work, we need to get articles from as many organizers and players as possible. Since printing isn't an issue in cyber space, we can include all worthy articles received. The more, the better.

Aris, I await your report, and hopefully I get reports from other organizers and players in Canada. It's always best to get them in to me earlier than the deadline to give me more time. I was lucky to get the first one out on time as most of the articles came in at the deadline.

I still want to hear about the readers ideas on how to improve the newsletter. For now I will continue to publish a pdf file, and the next issue will contain links to the stories from the front page. As well, I am looking for graphics and artwork to help fill the empty space. It would be good to get original work from Canadians instead of stealing stuff from the internet. I will also include multi-media content if I get any, and can figure out how to include it without making the file too large.

Comment

We now have a newsletter we can be proud of. Thanks guys.:)

But let's not squander the opportunity for some good public relations. Many members were very upset last year when the printed magazine was discontinued. Many were long standing valued CFC members, but internet challenged, so the webzine was cold comfort!:( Perhaps we can now cheer them up with a printed copy of the newsletter.

I will be printing a few copies and making them available at the chess clubs I frequent. It would be great if all clubs across Canada did the same.

Comment

Working...
                  X