Aaron Sequillion RIP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aaron Sequillion RIP

Aaron Sequillion died unexpectedly today in Edmonton at the age of 33. His highest CFC rating was 2247. He just recently played in the 2021 Banff Open. Very sad news. RIP Aaron.

This is very sad to see. I didn’t really know him but our paths crossed once or twice before I left Alberta in 09. I recall a Lethbridge tournament where after Saturday’s games the tournament organizer (Paul Viminitz) would host a wonderful reception in his home. I recall Aaron being a very friendly outgoing person who started many of the discussion points around Paul’s table. He’s even younger than I thought. Condolences to his family.

Comment

Aaron was a good friend of mine. We attended many tournaments together in Alberta through the years, he was always fun to be around. He would stay with me when he played in tournaments in Calgary and we would find ourselves playing speed chess all night long. He was on the winning end on most occasions, but I would get lucky sometimes. He always made me laugh. My family took an immediate liking to him, My son would often ask what he was up to. When I heard the news today, my heart fell. Aaron had a great heart and loved chess. I wish I could have been in Banff last weekend to see him again. I will miss him very much. Rest in peace Aaron, I will never forget you.

Comment

Working...
      X