Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CFC records database

Hello,

Is it possible to get a package with CFC records of all players with this info? I don't see any web API in this website so that I can get this info myself and I was wondering if there is an xml/zip file available with all records (similarly to how FIDE website offers).

Thanks.

Dim Poul

What info do you need?

There are databases for swiss pairing softwares, and arbiters. And of course the rating website.

Comment

I am looking for all the recorded ratings per registered CFC player, so that I can play around with the data on a local computer.

Comment

You won't find any of that information here. This is not the CFC site.

Comment

If you go to https://www.chess.ca/en/organizers/ you can download a list of all CFC members, with ratings.

Comment

Originally posted by Dim Poul View Post
            Hello,

Is it possible to get a package with CFC records of all players with this info? I don't see any web API in this website so that I can get this info myself and I was wondering if there is an xml/zip file available with all records (similarly to how FIDE website offers).

Thanks.

Dim Poul
            Ya, I've been down this road ... kinda interesting ... kinda depressing. It is what it is. So, back in 2019 I pushed the entire CFC membership numbers (including player class break points) into some XLSX files then imported those into Adobe Illustrator to create some visuals and then pushed those over to Adobe Animate to create some interactive CFC data visuals.

Here's a couple of them from my Adobe Photoshop grabs ...

Click image for larger version

Name:	CFC_numbers_2a.gif
Views:	26
Size:	18.5 KB
ID:	216691

Click image for larger version

Name:	CFC_numbers_1a.gif
Views:	23
Size:	18.2 KB
ID:	216692

...even after creating an interactive cursor / hover over the King showing the CFC by the numbers ... I got bored ... and depressed.

Sorries.

But you can also use some scripts ... such as D3.js ... to achieve another flavor of visuals too.

Last edited by Neil Frarey; Sunday, 5th December, 2021, 06:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X