Chess NFTs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chess NFTs

Hey guys! Welcome to my collection of chess NFT's https://rarible.com/user/0xAD0c01bAD...6fdc2286/owned

Did you know that an NFT is just a hyperlink to an image that is usually hosted on Google Drive or another Web2.0 webhost?

That’s why you can right-click save-as because they are standard images.

The image is not stored in the blockchain contract.

Comment

Originally posted by Neil Frarey View Post
      Did you know that an NFT is just a hyperlink to an image that is usually hosted on Google Drive or another Web2.0 webhost?

That’s why you can right-click save-as because they are standard images.

The image is not stored in the blockchain contract.
      I suspect most people who buy NFTs of images are fully aware of that. So I guess you wonder why they buy them. Yeah, me too.

In any case, it looks like is isn't collecting so much as selling - provided he finds any buyers.

Comment

Originally posted by Roger Patterson View Post

I suspect most people who buy NFTs of images are fully aware of that. So I guess you wonder why they buy them. Yeah, me too.

In any case, it looks like is isn't collecting so much as selling - provided he finds any buyers.
        Ha, yeah me too me too!

Interesting to witness in our time some of the most massive prices being crypto paid for what seem to be somewhat different than we would see hanging from a traditional art museum or gallery or even from traditional auction houses.

But I have to say that this bold NFT space is a wonderful opportunity for creators!!!

My friends ( @ashthorp and @maciejkuciara ) have been super satisfied creating amazing artworks and developing wonderful NFT gallery and auction house relationships for this new environment. Very encouraging to me, so I'm not going to wait much longer.

Comment

Browsing around the original post from Kyrylo I see that one of the NFTs he is selling 'unlocks' free chess lessons from him... so the benefits can clearly be something other than the actual content of the NFT. I presume he (as the seller of the NFT) uses the blockchain nature of the purchase to verify the owner of the NFT (who is the recipient of the free lessons in this case). I must confess I have not yet managed to wrap my head around this at all, BUT this simple example shows me (finally) that there might actually be something to all this bluster about NFTs.
          I am not reaching for my digital wallet just yet however... :)
          ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

Working...
          X