Chess train! - all on board!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chess train! - all on board!

https://en.chessbase.com/post/chess-...e-moscow-metro What a cool idea - a chess train to promote chess!

When I worked at the CFC, Troy Vail put together a proposal and tried to convince Corel, who were very interested in chess at the time, to fund a bus trip across Canada in order to promote chess. Sadly they were not interested.

Comment

I confess to graffiti aspirations in the past. I wanted to paint old tractor trailers in chess themes and colours. Seriously. You know the old trailers that litter the countryside. In the dead of the night with paint cans and paint brushes go around painting those obnoxious rusting trailers. - but Im a terrible artist - still would be an improvement on whats there.

Comment

Originally posted by Hans Jung View Post
        I confess to graffiti aspirations in the past. I wanted to paint old tractor trailers in chess themes and colours. Seriously. You know the old trailers that litter the countryside. In the dead of the night with paint cans and paint brushes go around painting those obnoxious rusting trailers. - but Im a terrible artist - still would be an improvement on whats there.
        That reminds me of uniquely Canadian prank of satellite dishes on beaver lodges!

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/thund...lite-1.5680189

Comment

Thanks for the great read Aris.

Comment

USCF has organized chess ship cruises!
            These were advertised in 'Chess Life' magazine a number of years ago. A few Masters are invited, and they give instruction; events are organized; along with the regular cruise ship life, with stops at various ports, high-end food and drink, entertainment, etc.
            I know cruises these days are not happening as much, because of COVID. But a chess cruise is something I hope to do sometime!

Comment

Working...
            X