Club activity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Club activity

Tonight the Sudbury Parkside Chess Club marks its 57th consecutive weekly arena on lichess. We didn't even start at the beginning of the pandemic as for a good part of 2020 we played in weekly events organized by the Twin City Chess Club. I'm wondering if any other chess club in Canada has kept up with online meetings through the pandemic?

the victoria cc has a club event each week on chess.com since the start of the pandemic.

Attendance has dropped however and the people playing are generally not the same as those who were at the previous OTB club.

The OTB club reopened in November for OTB chess but closed for Christmas and due to the Omicron explosion has not reopened. It was nice while it lasted. Attendance was about a 12-16

Comment

Our core group is 6 players, the highest turnout was about 14. I haven't played serious OTB since the 2019 Northern Ontario Championship. I'm looking forward to one this year!

Comment

I started the Maritime (Online) Chess Club in March of 2020. We've been running monthly CFC tournaments since then and have up to 7 "fun" tournaments each week. Originally I tried to use both Chess.com and Lichess.org, but eventually switched everything to Lichess.org.

https://lichess.org/team/maritime-chess-club

There is a membership / administrative fee of $10 per year for players not in the Maritime provinces.

Fred

Comment

Great work Fred, and excellent turnout in your event tonight. I enjoyed the one MCC event I was able to play in October.

Comment

Based on this week's numbers, I have a feeling that recent lockdown measures are creating an uptick in online activity, again.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred McKim View Post
              Based on this week's numbers, I have a feeling that recent lockdown measures are creating an uptick in online activity, again.
              John Schleinich Memorial this weekend in Calgary sold out with 36 participants. 6 sections of 6 players.

Comment

Working...
              X