2022 Canadian Open info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2022 Canadian Open info

Seems pretty bad that the tournament is scheduled just over 4 months and there still is no information other than the dates. Is this tournament happening? Where is it going to be played? What are the accommodation rates?

Does ANYONE have information?

Here it is! https://www.rbccanadianopen.com/2021...canadian-open/

Comment

Originally posted by Jason Williamson View Post
      Seems pretty bad that the tournament is scheduled just over 4 months and there still is no information other than the dates. Is this tournament happening? Where is it going to be played? What are the accommodation rates?

Does ANYONE have information?
      Hi Jason

I think you can blame the pandemic for the lack of information. I was talking to Tournament Organizer Hal Bond last week, and things are on track and information will be available soon, as they were just finalizing contracts, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred McKim View Post

Hi Jason

I think you can blame the pandemic for the lack of information. I was talking to Tournament Organizer Hal Bond last week, and things are on track and information will be available soon, as they were just finalizing contracts, etc.
        Well said Fred. Coming out of the pandemic, especially after several false starts, the organizational windows are compressed, old contacts have moved on, all kinds of changing regulations, etc.

Comment

Hello Chess Friends!
          Thank you for you interest in the 2022 CYCC/CO. I share Jason's frustration about the lack of information. As Fred and Aris have suggested, we have encountered some slow motion due to COVID. We have high hopes but here is the outline:

July 7-17 is the whole package for the CYCC/ CO.
          July 7 is the arrival day for the CYCC. The first two rounds follow on Friday July 8, game 7 starts at 10am on July 11.
          The Canadian Open arrival day is Monday July 11. The first two rounds follow on Tuesday July 12. Sunday July 17 is the final round for the Canadian Open and the Closing Ceremonies.

This year we are celebrating the Queens of Chess.

We will rock you!

Comment

Thanks to all the posters. Just need the location for Canadian Chess Open 2022!

I see we all can also hope for the Canadian Open of golf to happen at St. George's in west-end Toronto, in early June, after two years of cancellations!!

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Dixon View Post
              Thanks to all the posters. Just need the location for Canadian Chess Open 2022!

I see we all can also hope for the Canadian Open of golf to happen at St. George's in west-end Toronto, in early June, after two years of cancellations!!
              I remember working there at St. Georges at a Canadian Open, but it was for the Ladies! Nice course for hackers like me, but I am afraid the pros will tear it apart.

Comment

Concerning Ian's comments: I have been fortunate to have played golf at St. George's on a number of occasions, and it is truly one of Canada's most outstanding courses. I think it will stand up to the PGA Tour pros as a challenge, if it is reasonably dry, with sufficient rough. Last time the Open was there, scores were low, but it was wet, and the pros tend to take advantage of that; having caddies really helps!!

Also, I have now posted on the wikipedia file for the 'Canadian Open Chess Championship' the site and dates for this year's event. I started this file a number of years ago, have updated it since, as have others. It's a full data listing for the championship; worth checking out!

Comment

Working...
                X