Nikolay Yakovlev

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nikolay Yakovlev

Does anyone know about him? I have started his book Chess Blueprints Planning in the Middlegame. Its very interesting. I wish I had read it years ago.

This creates more questions Hans.
    Why does someone who represented Russia in correspondence chess not have FIDE rating?
    Last edited by Mario Moran-Venegas; Friday, 4th March, 2022, 10:03 PM.

Comment

Of course I am looking at problem 121 !!!!

Comment

Yes 5 exclams in 7 moves. Just lovely. Lilienthal - Aronin USSR Champ 1948.

Comment

Originally posted by Hans Jung View Post
          Yes 5 exclams in 7 moves. Just lovely. Lilienthal - Aronin USSR Champ 1948.
          Yakovlev dismisses too easily first Black move alternate: 25.. Bxc5!? which seems to be the only chance in the position.
          The starting position and the rest of the game are analyzed in depth in The Magic of Chess Tactics: A Training Book for Advanced Players by Karsten Muller and Claus Dieter Meyer
          The analysis by CDM suggests 25...Bxc5 26. Rxb7 Nxd5! 27. Rxc7 Nxc7 where he concludes (after a few more moves) that "Black is able to offer tough resistance".

Comment

Yes, thats quite the defensive resource. Good exercise for defenders. However Lilenthal's play is still a remarkable conception.

Comment

Working...
            X