Bryon Nickoloff Memorial Prizes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bryon Nickoloff Memorial Prizes

KEC 2022 (Kingston Easter Chess), the home for this year's Canadian Closed/Zonal championships, is honoured to announce the Bryon Nickoloff Memorial Prizes!

Canadian IM Brian Hartman is graciously donating $1000, to be awarded as $500 prizes to the best Canadian Junior in each of the Zonal and the Women Zonal.

These prizes are independent of any other prizes. In the case of tie(s), they will be split. These are open to players who are Canadians born in 2002 or later.

Tremendous thanks to Brian for this wonderful gesture!!

Originally posted by Aris Marghetis View Post
    KEC 2022 (Kingston Easter Chess), the home for this year's Canadian Closed/Zonal championships, is honoured to announce the Bryon Nickoloff Memorial Prizes!

Canadian IM Brian Hartman is graciously donating $1000, to be awarded as $500 prizes to the best Canadian Junior in each of the Zonal and the Women Zonal.

These prizes are independent of any other prizes. In the case of tie(s), they will be split. These are open to players who are Canadians born in 2002 or later.

Tremendous thanks to Brian for this wonderful gesture!!
    What great and generous tribute by Brian Hartman! Hopefully this will enable us to remember Bryon and how great a chess player he was. Sadly, probably most of the juniors will not have heard or Bryon Nickoloff, but hopefully this prize will change that. Bravo Brian.

Comment

Yes what a great tribute by Brian. Im impressed.

Comment

Yes, I'm also impressed, and quite moved by this. Brian reached out to me, and it only took a few emails to figure everything out. I remember the last time I saw Bryon was near the end, at a weekender in Renfrew. I was thoroughly mesmerized by his passion in a postgame skittles with a significantly lower-rated player. Bryon's utter love of the game was so touching to experience.

Comment

Working...
        X