Ontario - no masks today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ontario - no masks today?

I walked down to Tim's this morning for my morning coffee, not wearing a mask.
    Most people on the street were without mask, but that isn't too usual for outside.

The "you must wear a mask" sign on Tim's door had been removed, but when I got inside, everyone was wearing a mask.
    So I put mine back on. Walking back home, the sign in our lobby has been removed, but my companion on the elevator was masked.

So it seems, many people are still hesitant to remove their masks.

Or did I got the dates wrong? What is everyone experience today?

Just curious, i am not looking for a debate on policy or mask effectiveness.
    Last edited by Bob Gillanders; Monday, 21st March, 2022, 10:48 AM.

Originally posted by Bob Gillanders View Post
    I walked down to Tim's this morning for my morning coffee, not wearing a mask.
    Most people on the street were without mask, but that isn't too usual for outside.

The "you must wear a mask" sign on Tim's door had been removed, but when I got inside, everyone was wearing a mask.
    So I put mine back on. Walking back home, the sign in our lobby has been removed, but my companion on the elevator was masked.

So it seems, many people are still hesitant to remove their masks.

Or did I got the dates wrong? What is everyone experience today?

Just curious, i am not looking for a debate on policy or mask effectiveness.
    Today is the day. You have the date correct. I think many people think that wearing a mask indoors is still a sensible thing to do.
    Trouble is there are far too many people out there who don't give a sh!t about other people. I *think* retail stores can still decide
    to enforce mask wearing - although I am just as sure that will create a tremendous blowback for them. Sadly, schools are required
    to follow the mask optional policy (except I hear that Hamilton School Board has thumbed their mask covered nose at that directive).

Now we are entering the era where people wearing a mask will be ridiculed... I welcome that interaction... :)

Ford and the rest of the Ontario government has lost whatever minimal brain cells they may have had...
    ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

As Kerry mentioned, you do have the dates correct. We will continue wearing a mask for a few months yet. I expect it to be a while until I don't get the heebie-jeebies when surrounded by people without masks.

Comment

I know two people who recently got Covid. It's still out there. The number is expected to increase from the returning March Break travellers. But I was with the 100,000s watching the St. Patrick's Day parade yesterday.

Comment

I decided 1 coffee wasn't enough, so I headed out to a different Tim's location.
          This time only 20% of customers were wearing masks, but still 100% of employees.
          This Tim's has a much younger customer base.

I went in wearing a mask, came out mask free. :)

I suspect a gradual shift to maskless, unless of course there is a resurgent of COVID.
          My building has many seniors, so I will continue masking if my neighbours are.
          It's just a matter of being a good neighbour.

Comment

Date's correct, I still plan on wearing mine for a while. I think if you're among a riskier population segment (older, heavier, immuno compromised) you should take responsibility for protecting yourself as much as possible. How much a mask protects you is up to everyone's individual interpretation of their own science, but I consider it a freeroll - at worst, it does nothing. At best, it provides some protection.

Comment

For the immediately foreseeable future, I will not remove my mask indoors in public, and will continue to avoid such situations entirely except when absolutely necessary.

Comment

City of Kingston public libraries are now mask-free as of today; employees are still wearing them, as are some patrons.

Comment

All staff were wearing them today at our library (Waterloo) and about 80% of the customers.

Comment

My sister-in-law's adult son got COVID-19 about a week ago. His adult sister, and her partner, caught it from him before he found out he had it.

My sister-in-law then got it from her son, and she has been very sick (Doesn't know if she has ever felt sicker).

So I think we will see a rise in new cases. But the new Omicron BA.2, though much more contagious, is less severe in terms of symptoms. So many will not have to go to hospital, so the system should easily cope after the peaks it has survived so far. None of my sister-in law's family went to a hospital emergency.

I am not quite as young as I used to be , and am in a high risk group (Diabetes). I will likely wear my mask for a while, and see what happens re the numbers generally. I will wear it when in contact with elderly persons, or ones I know are immune-compromised, for their sake (I have had 3 shots, and am eligible for the 4th, and will get it soon).

~ Bob A (T-S/P)

Comment

Working...
                    X