World Team Senior in Italy Jun 18 - Jun 30, 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World Team Senior in Italy Jun 18 - Jun 30, 2022

The International Chess Federation is excited to announce the World Senior Team Chess Championship 50+ 65+, to be held from June19-30, 2022 in Acqui Terme, Italy.The tournament will be played in four categories: age 50+ and 65+ (open and women).
    The event is a Swiss System team competition with teams of five (4 board players + 1 optional reserve player). The time control is 90 minutes for 40 moves followed by 30 minutes for the rest of the game + 30 seconds per move starting from move 1.
    The Prize fund of the tournament is 10 000 EUR, where winners of the open section will get 1200 EUR and winners of women’s section will receive 400 EUR. Trophies and medals will also be awarded to the 3 top winning teams in each category. Additional prizes (cups & medals) in each board, for the 3 top individual board winners, will be awarded.
    The first round of the tournament kicks off on June 20, 2022, the winners will be defined after the last round is played on June 29.

Tournament Schedule
    June 19 - Registration, Welcome evening
    June 20 - Technical Meeting, Opening Ceremony, Round 1
    June 21 - Round 2, special program
    June 22 - Round 3, Blitz Fide Rated
    June 23 - Round 4
    June 24 - Round 5, Blitz Fide Rated
    June 25 - rest day
    June 26 - Round 6
    June 27 - Round 7, Typical dinner
    June 28 - Round 8, special program
    June 29 - Round 9, Closing Ceremony, Prize awards
    June 30 - Departures

The programme of the event will also include visits to museums, Blitz Tournament and FIDE Arbiters Seminar.
    Registration of the participants should be done by May 25, 2022, using the registration form on the tournament’s website.

Registration fee

Each player pays 100 EUR registration fee, which includes registration, accreditation, badge, and transfer from and to Torino airport.
    There is no FIDE entry fee.

For further information please visit the official website of the Championship: https://www.scaccomattissimo.com/acqui-2022-en/
    Last edited by Victor Plotkin; Tuesday, 5th April, 2022, 03:00 PM.

We already have one team for 50+ section. D.Cummings - V.Plotkin - I.Findlay - M.Barron. The same line-up was playing in 2018 (Dresden) and 2020 (Prague). No limit for number of teams from the same federation.

I was contacted by 2 players who are interesting in playing for 65+ section. I Bluvshtein (FIDE 2091) and I.Berengolts (2003). With 2 more interested 1900+ players we can have a good team for the "senior" section.

Comment

What the heck is "omologation". A new one on me, and I thought I knew lots of words. I've heard Homologation, in connection with engine class in auto racing.

Comment

Originally posted by John Coleman View Post
        What the heck is "omologation". A new one on me, and I thought I knew lots of words. I've heard Homologation, in connection with engine class in auto racing.
        Just copy/pasted it from the official FIDE (!) letter.

Anyway, if somebody 65+ with FIDE 1900+ is willing to play - please contact me.

victorp68 at yahoo.ca

Comment

Working...
        X