Zach Dukic! incredible performance!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zach Dukic! incredible performance!

Zach Dukic - what an upset story at the Canadian Zonal! He's playing for first place against Shawn Rodrigue - Lemieux in the last round. The previous round he beat GM bator Sambuev in a brilliant attacking game! 18.Nxg5 sacrificing the knight and keeping the initiative was impressive. Zach also started with two losses and then went on a rampage with 5 and a half out of six. What a Cinderella tournament!! Congratulations Zach!! I admire your persistence.

Agreed! This has been a wildly roller-coaster-y tournament. Sometimes, at slower time controls, things seem to get more "predictable". But this week, a lot of exciting double-edged games!

It was great seeing you for the first few days Hans (and you're beating the storm to get back home lol)

Comment

His game vs Sambuev should definitely be in the running for one of the brilliancy prize's. Ive watched all the games so far and this was one of the most entertaining ones.

Comment

Thanks Aris. You've run a great tournament and it was my privilege to play a small part in it. By the way do you mean a chessic storm or a weather storm?

Comment

Originally posted by Sheldon Ab View Post
          His game vs Sambuev should definitely be in the running for one of the brilliancy prize's. Ive watched all the games so far and this was one of the most entertaining ones.
          Im definitely going to have my work cut out for me in choosing.

Comment

Originally posted by Hans Jung View Post

Im definitely going to have my work cut out for me in choosing.
            lol yes, we have $600 in donations for best game prizes, it'll take a while!

(my favorite was Rejean Tremblay simultaneously threatening two queen sacs v Nikolay)

Comment

I admire Zach's pluck ( I should say stong determination!) in playing the King's Indian defence in the last round.

Comment

Congratulations to Zachary Dukic, who recover from 2 losses in the first 2 rounds and finish with 6 points in 7 last rounds to obtain the FM title. Good job Zachary!

Comment

Thanks everyone! I was pleased to bounce back after my nightmare start, and after missing the FM title by 0.5 points in 2019 (I scored 5.5/9), it was a relief to get it this time. Now I just need 2 norms and 160 rating points for the next upgrade!

Comment

You've established yourself as one of Canada's top players Zach, I think you now have convinced everyone.

Comment

and to mention again what a fabulous win against GM Bator Sambuev. I just played it over again Zach and enjoyed your play of the initiative.

Comment

Zach defeated IM Michael Barron as White in a very sharp attacking game, then beat IM Mark Plotkin as Black in a very long, deep strategical battle, then sacrificed a piece to pressure GM Bator Sambuev, before finally breaking through with his attack! All three of these games are among the best of the Kingston Zonal 2022 event!!

Comment

Originally posted by Asome P
                          A little over a year ago I was asked if I wanted to participate in my first ever Cinderella tournament! My interest was piqued by the fact that it was being run by a local group called Growers Helping Growers (GHG) who are dedicated to helping other growers improve their crops and share knowledge and resources amongst themselves. They had been running these tournaments annually since 2014 at their farm in New South Wales. In 2018 they decided to take it online and have expanded the tournament to include the whole world. There are two categories - beginners and professionals - and registration is now open for both. you can find here
                          Spam spam spam spam?
                          ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

Working...
                          X