Stunning Canada Zonal Finish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stunning Canada Zonal Finish

Who could have predicted this? Answer: Nobody I know. Of all the early leaders and favourites they have all been upset. Increbile fighting chess and some very wild games. Upsets include GM Bator Sambuev who many predicted to win, IM Nikolay Noritsyn, IM Shiyam Thavandiran, IM Chiku-Ratte, and IM Mark Plotkin. John Upper pointed out an eye popping game to me in an earlier round and there have been many Ive seen and probably many more that I havent. An incredible tournament of many fighting and wild games.

I cant remember a Canadian Championship having this many wild battles. At least not in a long time.

Comment

Out of a field with 1 grandmaster and 6 international masters the finish has two FM's on top!! Sensational!!

Comment

What a close finish! Even the tiebreaks are close!

Comment

Originally posted by Hans Jung View Post
          I cant remember a Canadian Championship having this many wild battles. At least not in a long time.
          Hans (or anyone else), is there somewhere to download the pgn files for this event?

I have been waiting for an event like this where there are many upsets and "wild games", as well as a tie for top position(s), to rate the entire event using GPR (Game Performance Rating).

Comment

Originally posted by Pargat Perrer View Post

Hans (or anyone else), is there somewhere to download the pgn files for this event?

I have been waiting for an event like this where there are many upsets and "wild games", as well as a tie for top position(s), to rate the entire event using GPR (Game Performance Rating).
            Not yet. Im waitiing for the organizers to catch up on their sleep (maybe about a week). When I get the games I'll let you know.

Comment

Hugh Brodie collected available games and posted the message on the CFC forum:

"119 games from the Closed
              Here are all 119 games from the Championship section of the Closed. More will follow. You may have to copy the link to a separate tab to get it to open.

Thanks to Aris and Omar for getting me the scoresheet images so quickly, and to Luc Gauthier for entering games as well.
              http://canbase.fqechecs.qc.ca/cbv/20...022_can_ch.pgn

"

Comment

Yes, Omar was great about getting games to Hugh, and he's great at getting them entered.
                I think that they'll probably all be databased before I even get to unpack them!! (lol)

Hans, you're right about the catching-up-on-sleep, I slept TWO nights worth last night lol
                I don't know how Alex does it, he went back to his overnight job last night, what a warrior!

Comment

Originally posted by Egidijus Zeromskis View Post
                  Hugh Brodie collected available games and posted the message on the CFC forum:

"119 games from the Closed
                  Here are all 119 games from the Championship section of the Closed. More will follow. You may have to copy the link to a separate tab to get it to open.

Thanks to Aris and Omar for getting me the scoresheet images so quickly, and to Luc Gauthier for entering games as well.
                  http://canbase.fqechecs.qc.ca/cbv/20...022_can_ch.pgn

"

Thanks, Egidijus, however it looks like that collection of games pgn file has been removed. I get a 404 error, tried it on both Chrome and Edge, and tried in a separate tab. Then I shortened the url to just the /cbv folder and there is no link in the list to the 2022 Canadian Closed.

Comment

Originally posted by Hans Jung View Post

Not yet. Im waitiing for the organizers to catch up on their sleep (maybe about a week). When I get the games I'll let you know.
                    Thank you, Hans, very much appreciated. Once I have the games, it may take me a few weeks to analyze them and send you and anyone else interested the results.

Comment

Working...
                    X