Capablanca Memorial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Capablanca Memorial

Sambuev won it this year, great showing! Halldor Palsson also played.
    https://chess-results.com/tnr625884....&art=4&flag=30

The field looks perfect for IM norms and very decent for GM norms possibilities. Almost everyone's titled!
    For a chess tourist (which is what I would be), the idea of going to this tournament has always attracted me. Havana, the beach, relaxing lifestyle, one game a day. Enough to do and plenty of time to relax around the tournament. And Canadians have been Cuba's #1 tourists. I wonder why more people don't play in this event from Canada. Compared to say going to play in Iceland, USA, etc...

Alex F.
    Last edited by Alex Ferreira; Sunday, 1st May, 2022, 03:20 PM. Reason: typo

Originally posted by Alex Ferreira View Post

The field looks perfect for IM norms and very decent for GM norms possibilities. Almost everyone's titled!
    For a chess tourist (which is what I would be), the idea of going to this tournament has always attracted me. Havana, the beach, relaxing lifestyle, one game a day. Enough to do and plenty of time to relax around the tournament. And Canadians have been Cuba's #1 tourists. I wonder why more people don't play in this event from Canada. Compared to say going to play in Iceland, USA, etc...

Alex F.
    I didn't think there were enough non-Cuba opponents to get a norm.

1.43 Federations of opponents
    At least two federations other than that of the title applicant must be included

1.43e Swiss System tournaments in which participants include in every round at least 20 FIDE rated players participate, not from the host federation, from at least 3 different federations, at least 10 of whom hold GM, IM, WGM or WIM titles. Otherwise 1.44 applies.

1.44 A maximum of 3/5 of the opponents may come from the applicant’s federation and a maximum of 2/3 of the opponents from one federation.

1.7 Summary of Requirements for the Number of Opponents
    B./01.

9 rounds
    *Max. from 1 fed. 6
    *Max. from own fed. 5

Comment

Originally posted by Alex Ferreira View Post

Alex F.
      Alex, this event is also on my bucket list! (although I believe there are rating floors that would hinder me?)

Comment

Originally posted by Erik Malmsten View Post

I didn't think there were enough non-Cuba opponents to get a norm.

1.43 Federations of opponents
        At least two federations other than that of the title applicant must be included

1.43e Swiss System tournaments in which participants include in every round at least 20 FIDE rated players participate, not from the host federation, from at least 3 different federations, at least 10 of whom hold GM, IM, WGM or WIM titles. Otherwise 1.44 applies.

1.44 A maximum of 3/5 of the opponents may come from the applicant’s federation and a maximum of 2/3 of the opponents from one federation.

1.7 Summary of Requirements for the Number of Opponents
        B./01.

9 rounds
        *Max. from 1 fed. 6
        *Max. from own fed. 5
        I think 1.43e is now 1.43d and it makes this tourney pretty good for norms

Comment

Originally posted by Mario Moran-Venegas View Post

I think 1.43e is now 1.43d and it makes this tourney pretty good for norms
          This year had 15 foreign titled players so you're right!
          who likes beaches not so far away, cigars, rum and reggaeton music?
          Last edited by Erik Malmsten; Monday, 2nd May, 2022, 08:44 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X