GMs this year at the Canadian Open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GMs this year at the Canadian Open

Today was a busy day for GM registration. Some of these names have not made it to the registration list yet. Here are our GMs so far, in random order:

Bator Sambuev, CAN
    Razvan Preotu, CAN
    John Fedorowicz, USA
    Joshua Sheng, USA
    Mark Paragua, PHI
    Isan Ortiz, CUB
    Reinaldo Vera, CUB
    Manuel Perez, CUB
    Yuri Gonzalez, CUB

We hope to add a few more GMs to the roster soon.

The Canadian Open will take place in Hamilton from July 12-17, immediately following the CYCC.

May 31 is our next early payment deadline.

Thanks Hal. I beat one of those guys once, but not recently. I think he was about 8 years old at the time! :)

Canadian Open format this year is one section, so everyone has an opportunity to play a GM.

Here is a link to the registration list, which is updated regularly. Check for your pre-covid rivals :)

http://can-open.ca/preregistered.html

This is a great opportunity after our COVID shutdown to see old friends again.
    It's going to be a great time. Don't miss it.

Comment

I noticed on the preregistered list for the Canadian Open today that #118 119 are the same person is this an error or should one be a son or daughter?

Comment

Originally posted by Hal Bond View Post
        Today was a busy day for GM registration. Some of these names have not made it to the registration list yet. Here are our GMs so far, in random order:

Bator Sambuev, CAN
        Razvan Preotu, CAN
        John Fedorowicz, USA
        Joshua Sheng, USA
        Mark Paragua, PHI
        Isan Ortiz, CUB
        Reinaldo Vera, CUB
        Manuel Perez, CUB
        Yuri Gonzalez, CUB

We hope to add a few more GMs to the roster soon.

The Canadian Open will take place in Hamilton from July 12-17, immediately following the CYCC.

May 31 is our next early payment deadline.
        WOW, that's impressive!

Comment

Hal, you are doing exceptionally well with the Open!!

You do have GM Vera listed twice on the entry list.

Comment

Thank you Frank! The duplicate is noted!

Tomorrow the prices increase for the CYCC and Canadian Open. The residence is now completely sold out, but the Marriot is a short drive away and features a great breakfast.

Comment

I was just wondering , how many accelerated pairings will you be doing at the CDN Open this year?

Comment

Having been involved in organizing three Canadian Opens, I know how much work is involved. Good luck to the organizers this year: it looks like it will be a successful event.

Comment

Working...
                X