NM Chris Pace moves from Kingston to Ottawa area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NM Chris Pace moves from Kingston to Ottawa area

NM Christopher Pace has relocated from Kingston to the Ottawa area.

While in Kingston for the past several years, Chris was a marvelous member of the Kingston Chess Club, both as a strong player, and as a very friendly person who would analyze and play with anyone in a friendly fashion, regardless of rating. He would answer questions, and share his considerable knowledge. Some Masters I have met simply won't do this, preferring to associate with only those closer to them in rating. Chris was the winner of several KCC events, and always played interesting, fighting chess.

As announced last night at the KCC meeting, Chris left departing gifts of $200 to KCC, and $100 to Cafe Church, the facility where KCC meets. Sweet generosity!!

After moving, Chris will now be making more money than anyone in the history of Canadian chess!!! I have to qualify that statement: Chris has taken a new job with the Canadian Mint, which manufactures both paper bills and coinage for use in our country. Pun intended! He will have a higher salary and a more enjoyable job than he did in Kingston.

I am sure Chris will remain active on the Eastern Ontario chess scene in future.

Best wishes for the future, Chris! You will be missed in Kingston.
Working...
X