Hostage Chess at the Canadian Open!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dilip Panjwani View Post
    .... The consciousness of electromagnetic energy takes the form of matter (a total illusion). ....
    I'm not 100% sure whether you're saying that matter is an illusion, or that electromagnetic energy taking the form of matter is an illusion. It seems to me that there may be (considerable) overlap between these two but they are not identical. This stuff is very interesting to think about but, if matter is an illusion, how does this knowledge help me in my day to day life? If I step off of a curb and get mowed down by some speeding, entitled drunk, how am I helped by the knowledge that the pain my 'matter' is enduring is just an illusion?
    "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
    "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

I do not personally believe that matter is an illusion, I believe that it does not exist at all. What you see now is an idea in your mind, it does not refer to anything. But we learn what sorts of ideas tend to follow one another by experience, so if you think you can step in front of a car you know what ideas you are likely to experience next. These are the laws of nature, the patterns that ideas take. Our ideas of sense are created by Nature, we live in Nature, and as Nature imagines or thinks this is the world we inhabit. So while matter does not exist, the ideas are totally real and the laws of nature should be obeyed.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter McKillop View Post

I'm not 100% sure whether you're saying that matter is an illusion, or that electromagnetic energy taking the form of matter is an illusion. It seems to me that there may be (considerable) overlap between these two but they are not identical. This stuff is very interesting to think about but, if matter is an illusion, how does this knowledge help me in my day to day life? If I step off of a curb and get mowed down by some speeding, entitled drunk, how am I helped by the knowledge that the pain my 'matter' is enduring is just an illusion?
        Matter accurately represents the nuances of all the energy around us; thus even though it is illusory, it is a very helpful phenomenon which helps us make sense of everything around us....
        Brad elaborates this further in his post above...
        Last edited by Dilip Panjwani; Sunday, 3rd July, 2022, 02:27 PM.

Comment

It is obvious that the mediators are not watching this site. What does Hostage chess have to do with the last few posts? Someone reading the main post might think chess talk has been hijacked and become the hostage. Really guys start your own posts and let us read about hostage chess that will be a first at the Canadian Open.

Comment

Originally posted by John Brown View Post
            It is obvious that the mediators are not watching this site. What does Hostage chess have to do with the last few posts? Someone reading the main post might think chess talk has been hijacked and become the hostage. Really guys start your own posts and let us read about hostage chess that will be a first at the Canadian Open.
            Yes, that's what matters most.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad Thomson View Post
              I do not personally believe that matter is an illusion, I believe that it does not exist at all. What you see now is an idea in your mind, it does not refer to anything. But we learn what sorts of ideas tend to follow one another by experience, so if you think you can step in front of a car you know what ideas you are likely to experience next. These are the laws of nature, the patterns that ideas take. Our ideas of sense are created by Nature, we live in Nature, and as Nature imagines or thinks this is the world we inhabit. So while matter does not exist, the ideas are totally real and the laws of nature should be obeyed.
              What specifically is "Nature," and is it different from "nature" with the lower case 'n'? How does Nature differ from energy (if it does)? Would you say matter is a manifestation of energy? If matter is an illusion, is energy also an illusion, or is it real?
              "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
              "Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
              "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

To me Nature is God, the thought that thinks the universe. I prefer the term Nature, because it is brutal and cares not about ourselves. There is no God in the sense of a loving and merciful being, this to me is a nonsensical notion. God is a monster. I use Nature to represent the thinker, and nature to represent what the thinker thinks. The physical world of nature that we live in is a product of the imagination of Nature. The energy which is Time which is Change is real. Something exists. Even the Bible says God, in whom we live and move and have our being. And the Bible also describes God as dynamic energy. The only difference is that the Bible tells us God loves us, which is utter bullshit.

Comment

Originally posted by Neil Frarey View Post

Yes, that's what matters most.
                  Wait a second, matter does not exist.

Comment

As a matter of fact ... in Hostage Chess energy can reappear, ha!

Comment

Perhaps it is more correct to say.... existence does not matter.

Comment

Originally posted by Neil Frarey View Post

As a matter of fact ... in Hostage Chess energy can reappear, ha!

But there is no matter, so there is no "matter of fact" ... therefore the energy reappearing is an illusion ... a nuance of Nature ... which helps us make sense of the MAGAts around us

Comment

Working...
                        X