Proud to be Canadian?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proud to be Canadian?

Sorry Hugh, but this is not chess related.

Last night I watched The CBC TV program "The Fifth Estate".

We are disgusting as a nation and our Minister of the Environment has no guts...he just wants to retain power!

No, today, I am not proud to be Canadian...

Very sad!

Here is the link:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/fifthestate

Larry
    Last edited by Larry Bevand; Monday, 27th June, 2022, 04:34 PM.

With the technology Canada Has they could easily build better and more productive recycle plants but they don't want to they would rather ship our waste to someone else.
    The easiest way to recycle stuff is to pay consumers to bring recycling to a location and pay them for what they bring in. When I was in Montreal in 2002 I was in a grocery store and there was a machine that paid cash for bottles. as long as there was a bar code on the bottle that could be scanned you got money for it.

If you want the communities to recycle then pay them to do it. Most things we buy have a bar code. The only thing that should go to land fill is garbage and alot could go to organic waste.
    It is a no brainer you just have to get a government that has brains. I don't really think that will every occur based on the way the governments have destroyed Canada over the years.

Canada has not been Canada since we lost the Avro Arrow.

Comment

Interesting to see John mention the Avro Arrow.
      For those not in the know, 60+ years later, the Avro Arrow was a Canadian-designed and produced Interceptor jet, from the mid-1950s. Produced in Toronto, where the project employed hundreds of people, all highly skilled and qualified. De Havilland was the firm. It was the best airplane of its kind in the western world; the Americans, British, and French had nothing comparable. But the project was abruptly cancelled by Prime Minister John Diefenbaker, a Conservative, in the later 1950s; he came into office in 1957. The reason? The assumption, right from the time when the Liberal government of Prime Minister Louis St. Laurent's government started it, in the earlier 1950s, was that the Americans would buy it from Canada, when it was ready, and there may have been an understanding between Louis and American president Harry Truman, a Democrat, circa 1952, on this; seemingly never formalized! But then Dwight Eisenhower came in as U.S. president in 1952, a Republican, with a sterling military record, and multiple ties to the U.S. defense industry; he was re-elected in 1956. He was NOT going to buy or fund a product that was NOT AMERICAN, so they would not buy it from us!! Nor would the British. So all of that technology was basically scrapped, and the people who created it left for elsewhere and high-paying jobs; many went to NASA.
      I got this from two graduate courses: one in Engineering, one in Business, both in Industrial Marketing and Procurement.
      It's a sad tale of what might have been.

Comment

Working...
      X