2022 Toronto Closed Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are there complete PGN's of the games with headers? I want to add them to CanBase, but the download option (the down arrow at the lower right of the chessboard image) doesn't include the player names, date, round, etc. (more work for me).

Comment

I enjoyed the games. Thanks for posting.

Comment

Originally posted by Hugh Brodie View Post
        Are there complete PGN's of the games with headers? I want to add them to CanBase, but the download option (the down arrow at the lower right of the chessboard image) doesn't include the player names, date, round, etc. (more work for me).
        Thanks for the feedback Hugh. We will see what we can do.

Comment

Any round 2 results/games? I don't see anything on the ACC site.

Comment

Hi Hugh,

I think they're just no longer at the very top at the page. You have to go to special events -- > Toronto Closed.
            Link for Round 2:
            https://annexchessclub.com/2022-toronto-closed-rd-2/

I've been entering the games on a very old chessbase version which doesn't convert into the modern PGN format, and then George has been adjusting them onto the site.
            Games should be up on the site within 48-72 hours of being played.

Thank you for everything you do with the database as always, Hugh,

Alex Ferreira

Comment

Very nice endgame by Max Rusonik. Thanks for posting the games.

Comment

The link for the games for round 3 doesn't work. https://annexchessclub.com/?page_id=19756

(it is reached from https://annexchessclub.com/ and the tab "Special Events", then the tab "2022 Toronto Closed (in progress); then the tab "2022 TC - RD #3")

The links to the other rounds work OK.

Comment

Hi Hugh, thanks for the feedback, must be a glitch. We will try to have it up by Monday.

Comment

I'm having trouble accessing the round 7 games. Are they available?

"Error while analyzing the PGN string.
                    Unexpected end of text: there is a pending game."

Also - I'm starting to notice a lot of forfeits - both in scheduled and re-scheduled games. Are those players being penalized otherwise?

Comment

Hello Hugh,

PGNs:
                      - Round 7 hasn't been posted yet. In all honesty, busy lives and all else, they're usually being posted at the Annex site by Friday or even Saturday.

Forfeits:
                      - there have not been "a lot" of forfeits. It appears as though we lost one player (out of forty, across 4 sections), though there have been a couple of forfeits outside of that.
                      It's a long tournament, life gets in the way. Some games have been rescheduled and most of those have been played. The others are due to be played and I don't see any reason why they won't be.
                      - It has to be said that it appears (based on the conversations I've had with Annex Organizers) that most players do want to play their games. We do have a deadline of "early afternoon same day" to request a postponement, based on health concerns / last minute emergency. If a player notifies us too late, the opponent can claim a forfeit. It should be said that on most occasions, parties have been very understanding and wanting to reschedule. My default decision as an arbiter is to forfeit a no-show. I've reversed a couple of these when it's clear that both parties much rather play. Why not? It's a long tournament and there is time to catch up. If there's also the will, we all want as many games to be played as possible.

Penalties:
                      - yes there have been forfeits. They are unrated, since they are unplayed games.
                      - withdrawal from a Round Robin is highly discouraged, since it has a very negative impact on the tournament as a whole. Doing so without adequate reason is shameful. I am not aware of any provisions that the CFC has on the subject, but we arbiters and organizers remember.

Alex Ferreira

Comment

Working...
                      X