PAWN WISE Chess Festival (Halifax)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PAWN WISE Chess Festival (Halifax)

PAWN WISE is about ready to enter its final day of competition.

In the 21 player Canadian 65+ Senior's Championship, IM Jean Hebert leads with 4-0. There are 5 players tied for 2nd at 3-1, including IM's Leon Piasetski and Brian Hartman.

In the 23 player Canadian 50+ Senior's Championship, IM Michael Barron leads with 4-0. Tied for second with 3.5-0.5 are IM David Cummings and Brett Campbell.

In the 72 player Mayflower Open, GM Edourdas Rozentalis, GM Aman Hambleton and Juan Ramirez-Orta are tied for 1st with 4-0. Another 3 players have 3.5

Last night, 37 players came out to the Maritime Chess Blitz Championship. IM Mark Plotkin was vacationing in the area and popped by to take first with 11.5-0.5. Finishing second was Yaron Linik and tied for 3rd were IM Thanh Nha Duong, IM Michael Barron and Jerjis Kapra. Class prizes went to Kyle Creamer and Daniel Linik (Top Under 1900) and Mark Fowlie (Top Under 1500). A total prize fund of $745 was awarded. I am now officially a dinosaur for using pairing cards.

Check out https://www.chessns.ca/portfolio/paw...hess-festival/ to watch live games at 10am and 6pm ADT and click on the Mayflower Open or Canadian Seniors Championship tabs to see Round 4 standings. Round pairings will be posted about 30 minutes before game time.

Lots of great competitive players! Each section looks very competitive!

Comment

Originally posted by Fred McKim View Post
      ... Last night, 37 players came out to the Maritime Chess Blitz Championship. ... I am now officially a dinosaur for using pairing cards. ...
      I just LOVE that you used pairing cards!! Never let that die lol

Comment

Originally posted by Fred McKim View Post
        Last night, 37 players came out to the Maritime Chess Blitz Championship... I am now officially a dinosaur for using pairing cards.
        C'mon Fred, don't sell yourself short. Pretty sure you've be a dinosaur for years.

Seriously, thanks and congrats on running a big multi-section tournament -- a big post-COVID Maritime milestone.

Comment

I've been so busy and tired during the event that I couldn't post more - but the results are all at the link posted above

1st - Mayflower Open - GM Aman Hambleton
          1st - Canadian Seniors 50+ Championship - IM Michael Barron
          1st - Canadian Seniors 65+ championship - IM Jean Hebert

Some great Closing Ceremony pictures at this FB Page https://www.facebook.com/ChessNovaScotia

Comment

Are there (or will there be) any games available?

Comment

Duplicate scoresheets were used in all of the games. I can get you in touch with Chris Felix. As well there were the 4 broadcasted games each round.

Comment

Are there crosstables anywhere?

Comment

opps. I found them.

Comment

Working...
                  X