• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shawn WOW WOW WOW!

Now with a CFC rating of 2544!

https://www.chess.ca/en/ratings/p/?id=155300

Larry

Yes for a superb year well rewarded. Havent seen that kind of performance (in a year) in along time. Congratulations Shawn!

Comment

Shawn also had a monster tournament in an IM norm event in the US: 9/9, plus a 3037 performance.
      He gained over 100 FIDE points in July, and his FIDE rating is now 2478!

A superb year indeed!

Comment

Based on his recent performance, if Shawn gets the right opportunities, he could become a Grandmaster within a year or two! He would have to do that outside Canada, it would seem. Most other Canadians who have earned the title got their norms outside Canada; perhaps GM Mark Bluvshtein would be an exception, as I believe he earned at least two of his norms in Canada.

Comment

Shawn is on track - close to grandmaster already in rating and showing grandmaster performances - just needs those precious three GM norms. Keep the initiative going Shawn!

Comment

Originally posted by Hans Jung View Post
            Shawn is on track - close to grandmaster already in rating and showing grandmaster performances - just needs those precious three GM norms. Keep the initiative going Shawn!
            And from what I understand, he already has a great opportunity lined up.
            I'll let the Organizers post more details about their superb event plans!!

Comment

Working...
            X