World Chess Hall of Fame exhibit on Fischer vs Spassky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hans Jung View Post
    My favorite walk in the morning was to grab a coffee at the Starbucks across from the club (if the Kingside Diner wasnt open) and walk down the block to the gates then left one block and diagonally across the main interection and the park starts. Then across the old pedestrian bridge and thru the old trees (tree collection from around the world) left beside the pond to the outdoor chess tables - a distance of half a mile. Then from the outdoor chess tables to the visitor info center, another mile, and there I could replenish my coffee and have some good chats.
    Sounds great!! From what I understand, part of the renovations now will include the creation of another diner (called, you guessed it, Queenside Diner) across from the current Kingside Diner lol

Comment

Six miles you say, shows how large the park is and great scenery all the way! A runner's dream!

Comment

What was Firoujza like in person? Did you have any interactions with him Aris?

Comment

Originally posted by Hans Jung View Post
          What was Firoujza like in person? Did you have any interactions with him Aris?
          YES Hans, lotsa interactions, with him, other players, and special chess people.
          But I'm working on a chess exam now, so I'll have to reply more fully another day.
          In passing though, Firoujza is WOW in person, I'm convinced he'll improve LOTS!!

Comment

Working...
          X