Sinquefeld Cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I found myself (surprisingly) agreeing with you both Brad and Alex. Im an avid Uncle Yaz fan and I do like Maurice Ashley but Alejandro Ramirez is very good and spot on much of the time. Clearly it was time for a change and good change has happened by adding Peter to the team. There is good chemistry there. BTW does anybody know whats going on with Maurice Ashley? I hope its not health issues.

Comment

Rd 6 Niemann - So Quite the game so far. Niemann is proving a tough nut to crack.

Shak blundered in a complex position and Firoujza won.

Hans Niemann finally cracked but it was a tough endgame. It took Wesley So to finally take him off!

Aronian won in the endgame.

Nepo - Caruana was a draw.
      Last edited by Hans Jung; Thursday, 8th September, 2022, 06:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hans Jung View Post
        BTW does anybody know whats going on with Maurice Ashley? I hope its not health issues.
        In one of the rounds, they interviewed Maurice Ashley. He claimed to be taking a one-year sabbatical work on other projects, including writing some books, but I don't know if all of it was chess-related. My understanding is that Maurice had also (prior to the pandemic at least, not sure now), apart from doing commentary and organizing, traveled all over to promote chess programs. Maurice was looking fine.

Comment

Thanks Alex I missed that interview. Good of you to inform me.

Comment

Rd 7 The field did not gain on leader Wesley So. 4 draws. (Wesley had the day off) Hans Niemann held a draw against MVL as black.

Comment

Pairings for tomorrow (rd 8) Dominguez - Shak, Firoujza - So, Niemann - Caruana, Aronian - Nepo

Comment

Rd 8 3 big wins today. The biggest of them was Firoujza beating So. Nepo also beat Aronian and Caruana beat Niemann.

Comment

Rd 9 Last round pairings (tomorrow) Shak- Aronian, So - Dominguez, MVL - Firoujza, Nepo-Niemann

Comment

All games drawn in the last round. It looks like Nepo and Firoujza are tied for first. I assume there are playoffs tomorrow.
                    Hans Niemann finished with an equal score! - fantastic result in such a strong field. (and he didnt finish last!)

Comment

According to the CHESS24 tnmt info, playoffs start in just under an hour, Hans. circa 7:45ET or so.

Comment

Looks like Cry Baby Carlsen returned to the Sinquefield Cup to play a simul!

And, Hans Moke Neimann beat him again! And with the black pieces ... again, ha!

https://twitter.com/saychess1/status...C8wbLu8MYrAAAA

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Sharpe View Post
                          According to the CHESS24 tnmt info, playoffs start in just under an hour, Hans. circa 7:45ET or so.
                          Thanks Sam!

Comment

Firoujza wins the playoffs against Nepo.

Firoujza wins the Sinquefeld Cup and the Sinquefeld Blitz and Rapid! A double whammy! and large prizes for the young man!

Comment

https://en.chessbase.com/post/genera...p-2022-preview So whats next for Hans Niemann? The link has it coming up in a few days.

Comment

https://www.chess.com/news/view/2022...ld-cup-round-8 Hans's girls - scroll down to the last picture - gave Hans much needed support.

Comment

Working...
                                X