Niemann - Carlsen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• https://en.chessbase.com/post/chess-...each-agreement Resolution - not sure - but this is the latest.

Comment

• Thank goodness this matter has been resolved fairly amicably, after all this time (NEARLY A YEAR). GM Carlsen said he would be willing to play GM Niemann again, should they be paired together.

Many non-chess friends of mine have asked me about this case, and I usually had to respond that I didn't know if GM Niemann had cheated against GM Carlsen. I told them that GM Niemann had admitted cheating in online games on at least two occasions, in the past. Some seem to think he cheated in many more online games, but so far as I know, there has been no proof positive that he ever cheated in OTB games. In any case, GM Niemann has a long way to go to live this down; it will be part of his chess biography for his entire career, going forward. He has to live with the choices he made.

Comment

• A big reason that Hans Niemann hasnt been in the news lately (except for these recent resolution articles) is that his rating dropped to 2660, well under the 2700 spotlight of the best and I would think his tournament invites have dropped correspondingly. Its very competitive up there. Hans's current ranking is number 68 in the world.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hans Jung View Post
          A big reason that Hans Niemann hasnt been in the news lately (except for these recent resolution articles) is that his rating dropped to 2660, well under the 2700 spotlight of the best and I would think his tournament invites have dropped correspondingly. Its very competitive up there. Hans's current ranking is number 68 in the world.
          Would say this. Even if he's guilty of only the things he's admitted to, it would be very difficult to play your best chess under this cloud. Knowing every good move you make is going to be viewed with suspicion and doubt. Every bad move is just more proof that you used to be cheating and now that you can't, you are being exposed. I'm not surprised his rating dropped even if he is largely innocent (which I dont know).

Comment

Working...
          X