the joy of solving problem compositions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the joy of solving problem compositions

https://en.chessbase.com/post/chess-...nto-the-jungle I had a quick look at this article and Im glad I did. For those of you who dont care to solve problems take a look at the first one anyways and just follow the solution, you will be richly rewarded. What a rich theme. For those of you who like to solve enjoy the whole article.

Thank you Hans for sharing. I can spend countless hours trying to figure-out why such a position got featured? What is the point of a study? Why are the pieces placed in those positions? Trying to solve chess studies can increase my chess calculation and pattern recognition skills. Bottomline is, there is always something new that comes out, that I have never seen before and at the end I can say "WOW".

Comment

Thank you Ferdinand for your feed back. I often post and its great when I get positive feedback. Another point is players who are initially attracted to problem studies and get to the point where they try to compose their own. It is richly rewarding and can become an eternal legacy especially when problem compositions become published.

Comment

Working...
      X