Dirtbag Runs for Prez of Russian Chess Federation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dirtbag Runs for Prez of Russian Chess Federation

A Putin supporter. A war-on-Ukraine supporter.

https://en.chessbase.com/post/karjak...ess-federation
    "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
    "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Dirtbags in chess are tolerated if not downright celebrated.

Alekhine
    Fischer

Aren't they ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Neil Frarey View Post

Alekhine
      Fischer

Aren't they ;)
      Alekhine & Fischer? Celebrated for their chess? Yes! Tolerated/celebrated for their anti-semitic behaviours? No! (except by deplorable people who exhibit the same racist intolerance and hatred)
      "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
      "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

Originally posted by Peter McKillop View Post
        A Putin supporter. A war-on-Ukraine supporter.

https://en.chessbase.com/post/karjak...ess-federation
        And just now on Twitter, Karjackass announces that he won't participate in the speed chess championship - and absolutely no one cares.
        ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

Originally posted by Neil Frarey View Post

Alekhine
          Fischer

Aren't they ;)
          It would seem so.

Comment

Originally posted by Kerry Liles View Post

And just now on Twitter, Karjackass announces that he won't participate in the speed chess championship - and absolutely no one cares.
            A couple of twists (which would be 'interesting' twists if not for Karjack's lack of a positive character):
            1. He was born and raised in Ukraine but I've not seen an empathetic statement from him regarding the desperate circumstances so many Ukrainians are in.
            2. He was nominated for Prez by the Chechnyan Chess Federation. Chechnyan civilians, in the first and second Chechan wars, were victims of the same Russian cold-blooded strategy of indiscriminately murdering civilians. In Chechnya, estimates of the total civilian death toll ranged from 50,000 to 300,000. And I suppose there were many thousands more who suffered life-altering injuries.

The world didn't accept "we didn't know" from Germans following WW2.
            Last edited by Peter McKillop; Thursday, 15th December, 2022, 02:52 PM.

Comment

Peter. I said long ago that Putin should be taken out by a pinpoint strike. He is the worst human since Hitler and needs to be put permanently out of business. The fact that the rest of the planet allows this man to remain in control of Russia shows both cowardice and gross shortsightedness. Putin should be immediately exterminated, then we should go back to/start seriously worrying about the climate and the ecosystem. Personally, I do not like our chances. Remain hopeful.

Comment

In 1962, Cuba attempted to bring USSR missiles close to the USA (after Bay of Pigs invasion), and JFKennedy therefore issued the threat of a nuclear attack. Cuba and USSR backed off, to avoid a nuclear disaster. Sixty years later, with Ukraine attempting to bring NATO to Russia's borders (after Crimea invasion), the Russian head threatens war against Ukraine, and with Ukraine & NATO refusing to back off, hundreds of thousands are sadly dead or wounded. Waging war is evil, but not avoiding one is not too good either... Alas, if only the the world leaders would work towards making Bob Armstrong's dream of 'one world-one nation' a reality! Let us not blame Karjakin too much, just as we would not blame JFK's fans...
                Last edited by Dilip Panjwani; Friday, 16th December, 2022, 08:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dilip Panjwani View Post
                  Waging war is evil, but not avoiding one is not too good either...
                  Agreed. If Putin had been removed the war would have been avoided.

Comment

Hi Dilip:

Your statement of my geopolitical view: "One World - One Nation".

Me re your description: Your description captures my intent of finding a human governing structure that dramatically ratchets down national conflicts. But it does make me nervous. As you know, there are groups/individuals who are already in the process of seeking to establish a one-world authority. This is the project known as the "New World Order (NWO)".

I am strongly against this as a human world goal.

For those who term this simply a "conspiracy theory", and not fact, they say the one-world authority is to be a totalitarian government that will suspend all civil rights, but will seek to produce happiness for all. This is certainly one of the on-the-ground possibilities, if one believes the NWO to be in the process of implementation in the past, and now. But, in my view the evidence is not yet sufficient to draw this conclusion.......many left-wing political theories support centralized planning and free-trade globalization.

My Position: Nations need to dissolve themselves into a "Collection of Villages". This limits the power of any local government (Which I term "Local Political Units (LPU's)). There will be tin pot dictators elected in an LPU, or they may somehow seize control, but their ability to disturb the whole world order will be minimal, compared to the power of states today. As nations do this, the world will become more equal, hopefully. LPU's will provide for their citizens. If needed, LPU's may temporarily create a higher level committee, to be able to accomplish things they cannot do on their own. Once completed, this temporary committee, with the power it has been granted, is terminated. LPU's will not have any "Over-Government". For example, the Ontario premier's penchant for over-riding local concerns, because "cities are the creatures of the province", will not be possible.

~ Bob A (T-S/P)

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Armstrong View Post
                      Hi Dilip:

Your statement of my geopolitical view: "One World - One Nation".

Me re your description: Your description captures my intent of finding a human governing structure that dramatically ratchets down national conflicts. But it does make me nervous. As you know, there are groups/individuals who are already in the process of seeking to establish a one-world authority. This is the project known as the "New World Order (NWO)".

I am strongly against this as a human world goal.

For those who term this simply a "conspiracy theory", and not fact, they say the one-world authority is to be a totalitarian government that will suspend all civil rights, but will seek to produce happiness for all. This is certainly one of the on-the-ground possibilities, if one believes the NWO to be in the process of implementation in the past, and now. But, in my view the evidence is not yet sufficient to draw this conclusion.......many left-wing political theories support centralized planning and free-trade globalization.

My Position: Nations need to dissolve themselves into a "Collection of Villages". This limits the power of any local government (Which I term "Local Political Units (LPU's)). There will be tin pot dictators elected in an LPU, or they may somehow seize control, but their ability to disturb the whole world order will be minimal, compared to the power of states today. As nations do this, the world will become more equal, hopefully. LPU's will provide for their citizens. If needed, LPU's may temporarily create a higher level committee, to be able to accomplish things they cannot do on their own. Once completed, this temporary committee, with the power it has been granted, is terminated. LPU's will not have any "Over-Government". For example, the Ontario premier's penchant for over-riding local concerns, because "cities are the creatures of the province", will not be possible.

~ Bob A (T-S/P)
                      Yes Bob, I did mean what your views are, except that the LPUs would be circles within circles, and the biggest circle would be one world-one nation [though most decision-making would be within the smallest circles (family and close friends), and then the LPUs] ... and all circles would be essentially libertarian to avoid any conflicts; the only wars would be on the chess board!
                      Last edited by Dilip Panjwani; Saturday, 17th December, 2022, 09:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dilip Panjwani View Post
                        In 1962, Cuba attempted to bring USSR missiles close to the USA (after Bay of Pigs invasion), and JFKennedy therefore issued the threat of a nuclear attack. Cuba and USSR backed off, to avoid a nuclear disaster. Sixty years later, with Ukraine attempting to bring NATO to Russia's borders (after Crimea invasion), the Russian head threatens war against Ukraine, and with Ukraine & NATO refusing to back off, hundreds of thousands are sadly dead or wounded. Waging war is evil, but not avoiding one is not too good either... Alas, if only the the world leaders would work towards making Bob Armstrong's dream of 'one world-one nation' a reality! Let us not blame Karjakin too much, just as we would not blame JFK's fans...
                        Weapons-grade persuasion, if you will pardon the expression.
                        "Tom is a well known racist, and like most of them he won't admit it, possibly even to himself." - Ed Seedhouse, October 4, 2020.

Comment

Working...
                        X