Question for #1a

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for #1a

Kerry, underneath the Lyndon Johnson quote at Spraggett's blog there is some fine print that has the word 'tags' followed by some peoples' names. Any idea what that means?

Regards from #1b.
    "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
    "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Re: Question for #1a

Originally posted by Peter McKillop View Post
    Kerry, underneath the Lyndon Johnson quote at Spraggett's blog there is some fine print that has the word 'tags' followed by some peoples' names. Any idea what that means?

Regards from #1b.
    Well, I presume you are referring to:

tags: bully, chesstalk, bevand,liles,mckillop,coleman,berson,lohner

On blogs, the author can assign (or 'tag') sections or images with keywords. On some blogs, one can search by tag or keyword, and thereby find all relevant sections or images with the specified tag. I didn't look all that hard, but I didn't see an easy way to filter the Spragg's blog by tag - perhaps that feature is used just by him or his lawyers?

I notice that similar tags do not appear further down where the 3 chirping birds picture appears... maybe the Spragg is experimenting with enhancements to his blog? One enhancement would be to allow people he slags to comment (freely) but I suspect he doesn't really want that.
    ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

Re : Re: Question for #1a

Originally posted by Kerry Liles View Post
      Well, I presume you are referring to:

tags: bully, chesstalk, bevand,liles,mckillop,coleman,berson,lohner

On blogs, the author can assign (or 'tag') sections or images with keywords. On some blogs, one can search by tag or keyword, and thereby find all relevant sections or images with the specified tag. I didn't look all that hard, but I didn't see an easy way to filter the Spragg's blog by tag - perhaps that feature is used just by him or his lawyers?

I notice that similar tags do not appear further down where the 3 chirping birds picture appears... maybe the Spragg is experimenting with enhancements to his blog? One enhancement would be to allow people he slags to comment (freely) but I suspect he doesn't really want that.
      I'm afraid there is a much simpler explanation. The quote reads: ''If you let a bully come in your front yard (...)''

Just replace ''bully'' by any of the words mentioned as tags, and you will understand what Kevin means...

Comment

Re: Re : Re: Question for #1a

Thank you, Louis.

So, it's deliberate, it's malicious, and it's libelous. I wonder if, practically speaking, it's actionable?
        "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
        "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

Re: Re : Re: Question for #1a

So, it's deliberate, it's malicious, and it's libelous. I wonder if, practically speaking, it's actionable?
          Well, if Lynn had enough money to pay a high powered lawyer, which I'm sure she doesn't, then she could probably relieve Kevin of all his Canadian property, if he has any which, being a chess grandmaster, he probably doesn't.

Comment

Usually tags are used for searching (I do believe) so when search engines want to classify the page, It will use the tags... I will have to check next time I do a name search for 'lohner'. Luckily even though my last name is rather unusual, there is a famous bass player with it as well so most searches come up with links to him (Danny Lohner former Nine inch Nails band member).

I do find it funny that he considers those listed 'bullies' considering his own blatantly obvious character assassination of people who don't agree with him... as I stated earlier... pot... kettle... black...

Comment

Hi Jason:

I've got a Nine Inch Nails T-shirt !! Hand me down from one of my kids.

Bob

Comment

Dunno for how long this'll be applicable to Pekka Rinne...

Comment

Originally posted by Lucas Davies View Post
                  Dunno for how long this'll be applicable to Pekka Rinne...
                  Clearly this was my concern from day 1, if ever....like.......

Comment

Regards from #1b.
                    Hey cool, my name made it to Spraggett's blog... mission accomplished :D
                    No matter how big and bad you are, when a two-year-old hands you a toy phone, you answer it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jordan S. Berson View Post
                      Hey cool, my name made it to Spraggett's blog... mission accomplished :D

Here's a Lyndon Johnson quote I like better. Pretty good, but not in context.

"Being president is like being a jackass in a hailstorm. There's nothing to do but to stand there and take it."

or how about this one:

"The CIA is made up of boys whose families sent them to Princeton but wouldn't let them into the family brokerage business."

Maybe tomorrow I'll do my favourite Dan Quayle quotes.
                      Gary Ruben
                      CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Working...
                      X