Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Peter McKillop View Post

Originally posted by Pargat Perrer
    Yeah, Russia had (maybe still has) state sponsorship of chess, and look where it got them.

Brilliant insight, Pargat! The USSR collapsed because of state sponsorship of chess.
    Not "because of" ... in spite of .... THAT was the point, and you know it!

Your worst trait, Peter, is attributing words or thoughts to someone that they never expressed. You are an ignoramASS.

Originally posted by Pargat Perrer
    I'm not against chess for children, and schools can even make it part of their curriculum which does NOT require additional taxpayer monies.

Now Pargat ..... it would require some money: sets, boards, training for teachers, etc.
    We are talking young kids here, cheap plastic chess sets can be purchased at Walmart for under $10 each.

Training for teachers? What an insult to teachers! They need further training to teach just the rules of chess? My god, man, get a clue! They wouldn't be trying to create IMs.

And now you want to add poker to the curriculum? So now we have more expenses on the backs of taxpayers? After spending so much time attacking Olga for that very thing, aren't you being a hypocrite?
    Deck of cards and some cheap plastic poker chips, all available at any dollar store. No taxpayer funding needed.

Comment

Do you not have any decency at all, Pargat? You have attacked Olga over and over in this thread. You've attacked her for, according to you, not caring about children. You've attacked her for, according to you, questionable morals/ethics. You've attacked her for, according to you, being a greedy money grabber. You've told her that you hope karma catches up with her (which, as I understand it, is a really nasty thing to say to someone). And on and on you go ad nauseam. And now you openly admit that you know nothing about Olga!! In effect you've been spouting a bunch of libelous nonsense. And then, after making that admission, you go on to make some stuff up about Olga, total speculation, so that you can attack her again using the bullshit you just made up!! You're a real fucking piece of work. Pargat Perrer, Mr. Important with his bigshot contacts and influence. Why don't you fuck the hell off and go someplace that is worthy of the amazing Mr. Pargat Perrer.
      Oh, look everyone, Peter having a temper tantrum again.

What I know about Olga is that she is trying to steal taxpayer money to pay for chess funding when it is much more needed for funding healthcare. I gave her a chance, after informing her about the healthcare situation that affects the lives of both children and adults here in Ontario, to withdraw her petition and she has refused. THAT is enough to know that yes, she is greedy. I would say the same thing about anyone who, after being reading my points on this thread, still goes ahead and signs Olga's petition.

It may be a "nasty thing", but karma is very much needed in this world to right all the wrongs going on. The sheer greed is so pervasive. I agree with Brad Thomson that we deserve to go extinct.

Olga is always free to respond to me about this, right here in this thread, and try and make a case that government funding of chess would not affect funding of health care. Just like Donald Trump has had many opportunities to prove his allegations of 2020 election fraud. He hasn't made a case, and I don't think Olga could make her case either. But she is welcome to try.

Whenever someone tries to get funding for something and doesn't explain their motivation, and doesn't explain why that funding is more important than funding to save lives and diminish human suffering, that someone is open to any and all speculation as to their motives. Happens in politics each and every day. Olga is free to explain her motivations, why she considers chess players should get government funding while ER facilities cannot hire enough nurses and doctors. IF she doesn't explain it, I am free to speculate here about what her motivations MIGHT be... just as you are free to expound on a certain "dirtbag" in Russia.

I encouraged you to google "double standard" and "hypocrite", but you obviously don't care to do so.

I won't fuck the hell off because like you, I have a right to my opinion and a right to express it.

Why don't YOU go to Russia or China if you don't like people freely expressing their opinions?

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Armstrong View Post
        Is there any possibility of a truce in this thread, just temporary, for let's say, 2 days: from 2:15 PM EST, today (Saturday, Dec. 24 [Christmas Eve Day] to Monday, Dec. 26 @ 2:15 PM)?
        Beside the Christian Christmas, there are other religious holidays, as well, that like "peace", even if just temporary.

I'll even accept myself being attacked again (I am a Democratic Marxist, after all) @ 2:16 PM on Monday.

Just my 2 cents.

Bob, The Preacherman
        Wonderful idea Bob.
        Merry Christmas and good cheer to all.

Comment

Thanks Peter & Bob G.....appreciated.

For transparency purposes, I am not a Christian, though I have a Catholic upbringing. But I accept Jesus as one of God's great prophets.

Nonetheless, since Christmas has been broadened to include various kinds of winter holidays, I (A Theist) and my family do celebrate Christmas in a somewhat traditional way (Tree, gifts, family get-togethers, etc.). I and my wife am holidaying with our two kids and their families.

Happy Holidays to all CT'ers & may 2023 improve at least somewhat on 2022, which I am quite OK to see passing into history.

Bob A
          Last edited by Bob Armstrong; Saturday, 24th December, 2022, 10:20 PM.

Comment

Is there any possibility of a truce in this thread, just temporary, for let's say, 2 days: from 2:15 PM EST, today (Saturday, Dec. 24 [Christmas Eve Day] to Monday, Dec. 26 @ 2:15 PM)?
            Beside the Christian Christmas, there are other religious holidays, as well, that like "peace", even if just temporary.

I'll even accept myself being attacked again (I am a Democratic Marxist, after all) @ 2:16 PM on Monday.

Just my 2 cents.

Bob, The Preacherman
            Amen Bob. Merry Christmas to you and Peter and the other Bob who once was a newt (he got better )

Steve

Comment

Merry Christmas to all. Please have opinions, we need them all, but try to keep some perspective.

Merry Posting and a Happy New Year!

Peace

Comment

Merry Christmas and a Very Happy New Year 2023 to all!
                Last edited by Dilip Panjwani; Sunday, 25th December, 2022, 11:07 AM.

Comment

I (A Theist)

Bob A
                  Very close to becoming 'I (Atheist)' !
                  Keep it up, and I wish you all the best in 2023 to get there...

Comment

Merry Christmas to all.

Comment

• Hepp Belated Festivus everyone!

(and Merry Christmas!)

Comment

• Originally posted by Peter McKillop View Post

And here we have another angry post from you, Pargat. Do you think all this angry, abusive behaviour enhances your credibility at Chesstalk. I found this comment interesting:

"You moron! You know NOTHING of my support for human rights! Lip service? ha ha you wait and see my friend!"

In my view your quoted comment makes you sound a bit.....unbalanced(?). But regardless, please tell us more about your support for human rights.
                        Don't worry. He will disappear after the weight of his posts drag him down only to emerge with a new sock puppet but still being interested in chess variants and still not really having a degree because the private college he attended never had the right to award degrees in Ontario let alone degrees in Electrical Engineering Technology despite the protestations to the contrary. Everyone got 90%. Everyone got a diploma.

Merry Christmas and Happy Hannukah Peter and Paul and everyone else.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vlad Drkulec View Post

Don't worry. He will disappear after the weight of his posts drag him down only to emerge with a new sock puppet but still being interested in chess variants and still not really having a degree because the private college he attended never had the right to award degrees in Ontario let alone degrees in Electrical Engineering Technology despite the protestations to the contrary. Everyone got 90%. Everyone got a diploma.

Merry Christmas and Happy Hannukah Peter and Paul and everyone else.
                          Thanks Vlad. All the best to you!
                          "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
                          "Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
                          "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

• Click image for larger version  Name:	MerryXmas_BMM_2022.gif Views:	0 Size:	1.58 MB ID:	223599

That's my Kona Kahuna XC bike with some swaweet spiked tires, Marmot backpack and we're having crazy fun riding around on a nice snow pack!

Internet still a little iffy here in Ottawa, ha!

peace,
                            n.

Comment

• Originally posted by Peter McKillop View Post

Thanks Vlad. All the best to you!
                              Thank you and the same to you.

Chesstalk could be so much more. I only do drivebys any more and the situation with sad senior citizens attacking anyone exhibiting signs of life does not encourage participation in such a cesspool. I sometimes enjoy the verbal violence when inflicted upon the deserving but clearly it is an exercise in giving in to our baser natures. It is better not to live there.

Several members of the executive have refrained from participating here and I admire their restraint.

The takeaway is that if you want to learn about important things and opportunities especially if you are a top player or top junior you need to watch the CFC forums and the FIDE website for announcements. They come fast and furious and there are so many of them that no one can stay on top of it all and there is little point in sharing them on chesstalk as it just gives the trolls opportunities to take a shot.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vlad Drkulec View Post
                                Several members of the executive have refrained from participating here and I admire their restraint. ..... it just gives the trolls opportunities to take a shot.
                                I hear you but disagree (of course!....what else would you expect a sad senior citizen to do? :) ). In a situation like this, where a member of the executive is being unfairly targeted for abuse by way of misrepresentations, lies, and harassment, I think one or more members of the executive (preferrably all of them) should have stood up for Olga. Not for the purpose of engaging in arguments with Pargat, but for the purpose of making it crystal clear that Olga is working on a project approved by the executive and with the full support of the executive. Yes, Pargat no doubt would have used the situation to take additional shots but sometimes it's important to stand up and be counted!!
                                "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
                                "Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
                                "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

Working...
                                X