Do you know a Member of Parlament that plays chess?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you know a Member of Parlament that plays chess?

I'm looking for the right MP for my petition Recognize Chess as a Sport in Canada.

You should talk to MPP Billy Pang in Markham Stoufville, he'll be sympathetic.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Ivanov View Post
      You should talk to MPP Billy Pang in Markham Stoufville, he'll be sympathetic.
      Thanks Mike!

Comment

Originally posted by Olga Mushtaler View Post
        I'm looking for the right MP for my petition Recognize Chess as a Sport in Canada.
        Oh great, political cronyism at its worst.

Ok ... maybe I will start a petition organized by parents of children who died from lack of health care funding (for example, dying while waiting to be attended in an ER because of insufficient ER staff).

This petition won't be centered on chess. It will demand immediate end of all sports funding* by the federal and provincial governments, and for that funding to go into health care and education instead.

The rationale will be that sports should be played for pure love of the game, with no money involved* to provide a reward for playing.

*other than the maintenance of sports facilities.

Guess which petition will get more attention, yours or mine?

You think you can just steal taxpayers' money to gift to chess players? Think again!

Comment

Years and years ago, I saw a study, when this issue was then a hot topic, that tested Olympians and top Chess Players during tournaments.

The result was that the chess players expended more energy during a tournament than Olympians did during training sessions.

Sorry, but I didn't archive that article....not sure if it could be located by a google search.

The issue of state support for chess is a no-brainer, IMHO. The benefits, especially to children, in transferable skill sets is clearly documented. But given that the public/government always pick the wrong things to spend money on, the very clear source of government funding for chess that should exist, does not.

So the CFC is obligated to try to fit into whatever cubby-hole government has created, in order to get the taxpayers money where it should be, funding the expansion of chess to the public, and especially from daycare to highschool graduation.

Bob A

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Armstrong View Post
            Years and years ago, I saw a study, when this issue was then a hot topic, that tested Olympians and top Chess Players during tournaments.

The result was that the chess players expended more energy during a tournament than Olympians did during training sessions.

Sorry, but I didn't archive that article....not sure if it could be located by a google search.

The issue of state support for chess is a no-brainer, IMHO. The benefits, especially to children, in transferable skill sets is clearly documented. But given that the public/government always pick the wrong things to spend money on, the very clear source of government funding for chess that should exist, does not.

So the CFC is obligated to try to fit into whatever cubby-hole government has created, in order to get the taxpayers money where it should be, funding the expansion of chess to the public, and especially from daycare to highschool graduation.

Bob A
            Chess players expended more energy than Olympians??? WHO THE FUCK CARES!!!!! You want to play chess, you play chess, and you expend whatever energy you wish. I don't give a fucking goddamn!

"in order to get the taxpayer's money where it should be ...."

Who the fuck are you to decide that the money "should be" there for chess?

People are dyilng in ERs waiting for needed attention and you DARE to decide that chess needs taxpayer money?

You filthy dirty scum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Pargat - can you be a bit clearer?

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Armstrong View Post
                Pargat - can you be a bit clearer?
                Oh that's right, you're a Marxist, you don't understand the real world. Go back to playing with your Lego set, building a network of local villages where nobody ever gets greedy.

Comment

Working...
                X