What Chesstalk Needs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Chesstalk Needs

Aight, it's time for me to ask the lot of you: What does Chesstalk need right now?

I created a poll for this thread, but somehow it didn't get added... is there a way to add a poll after the thread is created?
    Last edited by Jordan S. Berson; Thursday, 8th October, 2009, 03:06 AM.
    No matter how big and bad you are, when a two-year-old hands you a toy phone, you answer it.

Re: What Chesstalk Needs

Hi Jordan:

Some Canadian GM, who shall remain nameless, who could post on everything, and enlighten us all??

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Jordan S. Berson View Post
      Aight, ...
      Huh??

... it's time for me to ask the lot of you: What does Chesstalk need right now?
      It's perfect just the way it is!! :)
      "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
      "Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
      "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

Aight, it's time for me to ask the lot of you: What does Chesstalk need right now?
        Now, and always: more actual chess-related threads.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter McKillop View Post
          Huh??
          "Aight" is Ebonics for "Alright" :D
          No matter how big and bad you are, when a two-year-old hands you a toy phone, you answer it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Armstrong View Post
            Hi Jordan:

Some Canadian GM, who shall remain nameless, who could post on everything, and enlighten us all??

Bob
            Do you mean the GM would remain nameless on Chesstalk? I didnt' think that was possible, but perhaps it could be made possible for this particular GM only, perhaps he could be given a moniker, such as, ohhhh.... "Bat Parasite Investigator" or something.

Maybe what Chesstalk needs is for everyone to remain nameless, or more precisely, anonymous? Wow, and we think there's a lot of vitriol NOW! :)
            Only the rushing is heard...
            Onward flies the bird.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Bonham View Post
              Do you mean the GM would remain nameless on Chesstalk? I didnt' think that was possible, but perhaps it could be made possible for this particular GM only, perhaps he could be given a moniker, such as, ohhhh.... "Bat Parasite Investigator" or something.

Maybe what Chesstalk needs is for everyone to remain nameless, or more precisely, anonymous? Wow, and we think there's a lot of vitriol NOW! :)
              The old version of Chesstalk allowed anonymous postings and threads often degenerated quickly (more than they do now). Requiring people to register with what is presumed their real name was a good thing. For a prime example of that sort of thing, check out the Ottawa Chess Club message board (a.k.a. The Dark Board) Haven't been there for a long time (I was banned for a good long while along with many others), but last I looked it was still a joke.
              ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

Chesstalk need right now?
                shift from talk to chess

Chesstalk

Comment

I created a poll for this thread, but somehow it didn't get added... is there a way to add a poll after the thread is created?
                  How about a SLOGAN!

"If you gonna talk the talk, you gotta walk the King."
                  Onward flies the bird.

Comment

Originally posted by Kerry Liles View Post
                    For a prime example of that sort of thing, check out the Ottawa Chess Club message board (a.k.a. The Dark Board)
                    At this point, I don't that board would "fwoosh" if you put 50,000 volts through it. It's dead, Jim.

(ottawachessclub.com has been non-existent since sometime in July and ottawachessclub.ca, for which there was a BIG countdown, is umm, apparently, ummm, still delayed)

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Peter McKillop View Post
                      Huh??

It's perfect just the way it is!! :)
                      Don't fix what ain't broke?!

I'm curious, how long has chesstalk been around? I've only known about it for about 3 years. Has it always been this GOOD?

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gillanders View Post
                        'm curious, how long has chesstalk been around?
                        You may investigate thread titles starting 2001
                        FRITZ 7.0 will be out sometime in October!
                        http://web.archive.org/web/*/members...com/ChessTalk/

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gillanders View Post
                          Don't fix what ain't broke?!

I'm curious, how long has chesstalk been around? I've only known about it for about 3 years. Has it always been this GOOD?
                          Yeah, I even like the warning in the sticky thread: "We will keep doing this until somebody loses an eye".
                          Onward flies the bird.

Comment

Originally posted by Egidijus Zeromskis View Post
                            It started in August 1999 if I recall correctly. Tom O'Donnell was running it when it began I believe, and it provided coverage for the 1999 Canadian Closed where it broadcast the game between Spraggett and Lesiege, the first live broadcast of a chess game in Canada. I still remember Larry B. calling in the moves to Tom from the site.

Comment

Originally posted by Egidijus Zeromskis View Post
                              Very good for thread titles. Fortunately, the involucrated (there's a word you don't see every day!) slanders fell out.

Comment

Working...
                              X