Bob and Gord Mar 04 2023 Milton Active Open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all just a few days left . Getting inquiries from potential competitors. Just a reminder, registration is complete upon RECEIPT OF THE FOLLOWING:

1) Name of competitor as seen on the cfc website,
    2) Your CFC id number, in good standing for Mar 04 2023 that has been verified on the cfc website.
    3) Entry fee which is $50 if received by this Thursday, $60 if received on Friday, and $70 cash in person on site only on Mar 04.

NOTE: If you have recently updated/acquired your cfc membership recently it may not show up on the cfc website right away. Send a snapshot of proof of purchase/renewal of membership including cfc id number and competitors name if possible if registering online to me, miltonchess@hotmail.com

If you have any other questions, please dont hesitate to ask me at miltonchess@hotmail.com

Hope to see yall on Sat.

Comment

Hi all,

Tomorrow, thursday Mar 02 is the last day for entry fee being only $50 for the Bob and Gord Milton tourney, Mar 04. We have 39 registered so far. Capacity is 80. We have the room, if you act soon you may save some money entering this tournament. Dont wait too long. Just a reminder, we are using quick ratings for this tournament. Wait, make that 40 registered now.
      Last edited by Gordon Gooding; Wednesday, 1st March, 2023, 11:20 PM.

Comment

Hi all, 44 players signed up so far. It is 23:00 as I write this. The price goes up to $60 on Friday, There is a concern of potential bad weather on Friday evening that might affect Sat morning. If the decision is made to cancel the tourney, the announcement will be posted here on Sat morning hopefully by 7 or 8 am for the latest. If you decide that you are not going to come, with the tournament still a go (which I hope you dont do! Just get up a little earlier if you have to shovel a little bit), please send me an email by 10 am on Sat for a refund/credit to the next tourney which is being organized for June 03. Hopefully no chance of snow storm in June or am I being too optimistic??!

Comment

We are at 45 registered with 25 min to go before the entry fee goes up to $60. Can we get to 50 players registered in 25 min? Registered list on post #4.

Comment

Morning all, just been at the site. Roads in Milton have been plowed. Road to site has been plowed. The tournament is a go. WE ARE GONNA START AT 10;30 to give a little more time. There is some snow in the main parking lot but you can still park there. See yall at 10:30.

Comment

Thank you to our 39 players who braved the weather and snow yesterday.

I am going to try and attach a pdf of the final standings.

FinalStandings.pdf

Comment

40 brave souls came out to play after that crazy storm. Impressive! I would like to think that they had a good time. Some of them even got a cupcake that my wife surprised us with. Dont get used to that though folks, that was a one off! We are planning another for Jun 03. Keep checking here on chesstalk.com and chess.ca

Comment

Hi all, someone left a water bottle at our tourney and I took it home. If it is yours, please contact me at miltonchess@hotmail.com. If it is not claimed in a couple of weeks, it shall be disccarded.

Comment

Working...
                  X