Congratulations to Janak Awatramani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congratulations to Janak Awatramani

Ive been hearing and seeing things about this kid for a while. Is he really master strength. I noticed in BC Chess, edited by Stephen Wright, (an excellent ezine by the way) that Janak won a tournament recently and beat a master, and he is not yet 10 yrs old. Wow!

Re: Congratulations to Janak Awatramani

He's beaten more than one master and drawn several others. He's fast, he's aggressive, and he's dangerous!

Comment

Thanks for your well wishes. Just to clarify Janak is 10 yrs old- is he really master strength?- I don't think so. He plays at a 1800-2000 level on a good day. He did however receive a Candidate Master title for his performance in Mexico last week.

Dan, I agree he is fast..one too many coaches have said that he is too passive, as for dangerous, I guess if your on the receiving end it may be perceived in that light ; ).

Thank you Eric Hansen for posting details about the NAYCC on chesstalk. It was a fantastic experience for all the young Canadian players. We really worked well as a team and came up with a 1OO% medal ratio performance. 2 golds and 2 silvers between 4 players.

The next NAYCC will be held in NYC. I truly believe if we get all our best players to go we can do a clean sweep. We really do have a lot of amazing talent in Canada.

Gyan (Janak's Dad)

Comment

Congratulations to Janak!! keep up the good work!!

Comment

Where were you, Kelly?

We missed you in Mexico!

Comment

Working...
          X