Aquarian chess players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aquarian chess players

https://en.chessbase.com/post/aquari...their-strategy Do you know an Aquarian chess player? Interesting characters, at least the ones I know. And a belated Happy Birthday to Boris Spassky, one of the fine old school gentlemen and an extremely interesting character himself.

Hah, I could/would never imagined that that were true. Most GMs are born under that sign? That can't be true.

hmmm, I'm not even gonna read the rest of the article. Let's try something...

I counsider my style to be somewhat "universal" in that there is no particular type of game (open/closed/tactical/or strategic that I am better at, or that I prefer, In that sense, if I were to compare my style to that of the world champions, I would say Fischer, who seemed to play all types of positions well. ok I am Aries/Taurus cusp. A quick google search on aries/taurus turns up

... absolutely nothing of value.

ok, another google says that Fischer was a Pisces, here's the "nutshell"...

Are Pisces good at chess?

These individuals have the ability to look at life, chess and everything in-between from every possible perspective. This creates an exceptional ability to see things from another's point-of-view. Thus Pisceans can be extremely sympathetic and compassionate, but also extremely manipulative.

riiight...
    Last edited by Fred Henderson; Friday, 3rd February, 2023, 05:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Henderson View Post
      This creates an exceptional ability to see things from another's point-of-view.
      Nick would solve this problem often by unobtrusively walking around the board and looking at his position from the opponent's point of view.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad Thomson View Post

Nick would solve this problem often by unobtrusively walking around the board and looking at his position from the opponent's point of view.
        :>

Now that I think about it, I think Fischer was pisces like. He liked to see things from their point of view also, while he was "crushing their egos and making them them squirm"? How's that for sympathy and compassion?

Comment

Aquarians you say? What about Aquaticans?

Click image for larger version

Name:	download.jpeg.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	17.9 KB
ID:	224468
          "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
          "Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
          "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

Working...
          X