The Petition to Make Chess a Sport in Canada

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pargat Perrer View Post
    We don't know if Olga will personally profit from government funding of chess. Maybe not directly, but maybe she is personally involved in a relationship with someone who WOULD profit from it. Such as, well she mentioned Eric Hansen by name, is she involved with him? ....
    And here you go again! Just making up shit as you go along and then using your lies as the basis for an attack on someone. You imply that Olga is in a relationship with Hansen and that she wants government money so that 'her lover' can benefit monetarily. Are you so lacking in intelligence, Pargat, that you're incapable of making arguments in support of your position without having to resort to straw men, lies, and mischaracterization?

... Olga has come from literally nowhere. No one outside of a very small circle knows anything about her. ....
    Oh, hey, there's another 'Pargat Point'. How the hell would you know where Olga comes from? In addition to cyber stalking her have you also been stalking her in real life?
    Last edited by Peter McKillop; Wednesday, 8th February, 2023, 06:37 PM.
    "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
    "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

.... Olga has come from literally nowhere. No one outside of a very small circle knows anything about her. That is part of the problem when she is trying to grab money from Ontario and Canadian taxpayers to go towards paying chess players. ......
      Let's talk some more about the above. You didn't say maybe Olga comes from nowhere, or I assume, or perhaps, etc. You made your statement as if it was the absolute truth. The same comment applies to your statement that no one outside of a small circle knows anything about Olga. So, if you're not stalking Olga, then how did you obtain this information?
      "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
      "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

Originally posted by Peter McKillop View Post

....Are you so lacking in intelligence, Pargat, that you're incapable of making arguments in support of your position without having to resort to straw men, lies, and mischaracterization?
        Asks Dr. Fraud who calls Putin every bad name under the sun .... even though Dr. Fraud knows probably less than 1% of the data that went into Putin's decision to invade Ukraine.

The hypocrisy continues unabated .....

Oh, hey, there's another 'Pargat Point'. How the hell would you know where Olga comes from? In addition to cyber stalking her have you also been stalking her in real life?
        How the hell would YOU know whether I would know where Olga comes from? Have YOU been stalking ME? LOL

Comment

Oh, boys....

She started a petition. It's gotten talk on the chess.com forum as well as Reddit. It doesn't matter where she comes from. She wants more public support for chess, and if there are nefarious reasons behind it, well, who cares?

Sign it or don't. Support it or don't.

Maybe you could start a new topic on how much you all hate each other and keep the insults there.

Comment

Originally posted by Pargat Perrer

Ok, here's how I do it:

- I get out of bed and log onto my computer and get onto the internet and check out ChessTalk
            - I read the latest post by either VD or HH or PM
            - I vomit
            - now very hungry, I go to the kitchen and put food into my mouth

You of course misquoted what I wrote. What else is new in the world of internet forum postings? It's all so boring. SSDD.

If you are representative of the future of humanity, Brad Thomson is correct and we are screwed.

EDIT: I suggest for both you and VD a binge-watching of the Showtime series Californication. But warning: because you and VD are both chess enthusiasts, this series may cause serious side effects for the two of you such as foaming at the mouth. Chess enthusiasts do not react well to any accurate depictions of the real world.
            I actually didn't misquote what you said in anyway. your way of thinking is what keeps us in the past and unable to actually have any social progression.

Comment

I've been promoting the petition in the Over the Board Clubs in Toronto. I was at the Hart House this week and approached GM Razvan Preotu who was doing a a simul there. He told me he has already seen it and signed it! I was very happy about that. I was at Annex Chess Club and one Mom of a kid who was playing pulled me aside and thanked me saying that she really appreciates what I do. Her son is a U8 champion and it has been very expensive for her take him for competitions to other countries even though she got some support from CFC. She hopes we can get the government to support young talented kids like her son.

Comment

Originally posted by Olga Mushtaler View Post
                the petition .....
                Should the petition have a name? I suggest: The Pargat Perrer Athletic Supporter Petition.

Comment

Ten years ago they were saying the same thing about me.

Comment

Did someone delete my post?

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gillanders View Post
                      There was a post and then it was gone. Someone or something deleted your post. Could it have something to do with all these balloons and UFOs that are being shot down? Cue X-files theme music.

Perhaps Pargat/Paul has opened a portal to Hell with his posts and Zuul has escaped.
                      Last edited by Vlad Drkulec; Monday, 13th February, 2023, 03:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Henri Hughes View Post

I actually didn't misquote what you said in anyway. your way of thinking is what keeps us in the past and unable to actually have any social progression.

Ahhh, but you DID misquote, I can't believe you can't see that. And in fact, you didn't quote ME at all, because i was quoting a scientific study.

That's the really hilarious part. You and Olga and the rest are all attributing the 60%-of-women-fantasize-about-being-raped thing to ME. But all I was doing was providing the conclusions of a scientific study. Duh!

I realized something .... ChessTalk is something like discovering an ancient tribe in the Amazon rainforest. This ancient tribe has had no contact with the outside world and doesn't know anything about modern society. That is exactly what ChessTalk is like.

But of course, the members of ChessTalk do in fact live in modern society. So what does one conclude?

I can only conclude that chess itself limits the ability of the chess enthusiasts to live in and be aware of the real world. I think this deserves a book. ChessTalk provides a rich source of source material for such a book, that is to say a book that describes how members of modern society can have their comprehension of said society completely limited by being devoted to a game of pure logic like chess.

Henri and Olga and Peter and Vlad are just NOT comprehending what is going on in real life. It is PROVEN that 60% of women fantasize regularly about being raped. Proven by a scientific study. Yet the aforementioned ChessTalkers / Amazon rainforesters deny this vehemently and accuse me of spreading a false message.

All they have to do, as I alluded earlier, to awaken themselves is to partake in the offerings of the various streaming services in which shows like Californication (the best example I know of) portray what is really going on in society. Of course there are some liberties taken, but the basic premise is the decadence of modern society.

Henri claims we are unable to have any social progression (I'm assuming he means in Western society). Well yes, Henri, that is true. And part of the reason for that, if you could just wrap your tiny little mind around it, is that people like Olga want to live a life of fantasy, in which they get to play a game and be paid for it by the government.

But Earth is a cold, hard world. Fantasy only lasts so long .... then the roof caves in. That is the warning I am trying to get across to you, and you don't even appreciate it. So all I can say is that when it finally does happen, when the collective debts of the world cause a societal collapse unlike anything in human history up to this point, Henri Hughes and Olga Moneygrubber .... they will be the first casualities. They will be frantically trying to get something on their smartphones, and when nothing is coming, they will collapse and die almost instantly. They simply don't know how to actually make a real living, how to produce something that is of far more REAL value than a game of chess.

Henri, mark my words, you will rue the day you didn't heed my warnings. Hopefully for your sake it will be a mercifully short experience for you.

Now as for me, I have been storing up things of REAL value that will outlast chess and sports and entertainment .... you should do the same Henri if you want to survive and be part of a restart, as difficult as that will be.

It is only because you are young, Henri, that I even bother to respond to you like this. If you were in your 30s or 40s or older, I wouldn't bother. I know that Olga is also young, but she is proving herself to be totally heartless. She wants what she wants, and she wants it now and it's not world peace or money for survivors of the Turkey earthquake or money for health care in Canada. She wants free taxpayer money for elite chess players. Thankfully, her timing is very bad.
                        Last edited by Pargat Perrer; Monday, 13th February, 2023, 08:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gillanders View Post
                          Greta says it evaporated due to global warming! :-)
                          Joking aside, I do hope you can find out from the Chesstalk moderators as to what happened...

Comment

Originally posted by Dilip Panjwani View Post

Greta says it evaporated due to global warming! :-)
                            Joking aside, I do hope you can find out from the Chesstalk moderators as to what happened...
                            Good luck with that!
                            Fred Harvey

Comment

Henri and Olga and Peter and Vlad are just NOT comprehending what is going on in real life. It is PROVEN that 60% of women fantasize regularly about being raped. Proven by a scientific study. Yet the aforementioned ChessTalkers / Amazon rainfotheresters deny this vehemently and accuse me of spreading a false message.

I don't recall saying any such thing but, as usual, feel free to prove me wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Olga Mushtaler View Post
                                I was at Annex Chess Club and one Mom of a kid who was playing pulled me aside and thanked me saying that she really appreciates what I do. Her son is a U8 champion and it has been very expensive for her take him for competitions to other countries even though she got some support from CFC. She hopes we can get the government to support young talented kids like her son.
                                Thoughts like this are the reason I'm against the petition. If the CFC gets funding, exactly zero dollars of it should be allocated to supporting champions. Every penny should be spent growing the grassroots of the game - buying chess equipment for schools or running large school tournaments. I'm sure this mom and her son are a nice person, but any support the CFC provides them benefits a total of one person and doesn't grow the game of chess one iota.

Comment

Working...
                                X