Excelsior club job opening

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excelsior club job opening

There is a full time office clerk position available at Excelsior chess club. The schedule is Monday to Friday from 1pm to 9pm. If you know anybody that might be interested, please contact me by email at contact@excelsiorchessclub.ca.

Originally posted by Nick Oancea View Post
    There is a full time office clerk position available at Excelsior chess club. The schedule is Monday to Friday from 1pm to 9pm. If you know anybody that might be interested, please contact me by email at contact@excelsiorchessclub.ca.
    wow! you need a full time person to handle the administration of a chess club? Can this be done remotely, via computer/internet?
    Last edited by Fred Henderson; Friday, 10th February, 2023, 04:52 PM.

Comment

Fred, you got a good point. However, I need an assistant to keep the club open Monday to Friday from 1pm to 9pm.

Comment

ok, all the best. I'll be sure to visit when I am out that way.

Comment

I don't like the title office clerk. Maybe call them Secretary of the club. They will be below a Manager. Will the person be the receiver of guests, signing them in, taking membership money/debit card payment and entering data. Putting out board numbers and scoresheets. Uploading results to the website and CFC rating auditor. Making coffee. Telling noisy people to keep it down. Sweeping and wiping tables. Replacing toilet paper. Throwing out the garbage. Turning off the lights, A/C, and closing up. They may assist the official Tournament Director.

100 years ago the Toronto Chess Club had a person responsible for bringing out the chess pieces and setting them up. Then. at the end of the night, putting the pieces away. They were called the Curator. Better than the Custodian.

Comment

When President William F. Darch ran the Weston Chess Club he would come early set clocks and the boards up and make the coffee. Once Frank Thiele and I arrived we changed that. William just had to make the coffee. The First guy in would put the boards on the tables. The Sets and clocks stayed in the cupboard and when the rest of the players came in they got a set and clock and went to a board. At the end of your game you put your set and back in the cupboard and put their roll up board in a pile So those at final clean up just had to put boards and coffee stuff in cupboard. Co -operation from members goes a long way. Members and players should not expect others to do all the work, because after a while those dedicated members just up and leave from the lack of praise. So think about what you you would feel like if you had to do all the set up by yourself.

Comment

Working...
            X