Will Justin Trudeau accept the chess challenge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Justin Trudeau accept the chess challenge?

Click image for larger version

Name:	chesskid challenge Mike Klein.JPG
Views:	80
Size:	20.8 KB
ID:	224951

Mike Klein has challenged Justin Trudeau to a chess game. Blindfolded Mike vs. Trudeau. If Trudeau wins, Mike gives USD $10,000 to the charity of PM's choice. If Mike wins, Trudeau will sign the petition: https://petitions.ourcommons.ca/en/P...etition=e-4283
    Last edited by Olga Mushtaler; Sunday, 19th February, 2023, 12:59 AM.

Hopefully Justin will accept the challenge like his father Pierre did.

Comment

Originally posted by Hans Jung View Post
      Hopefully Justin will accept the challenge like his father Pierre did.
      Ah, the brilliant Pierre who - just a fortnight after Bobby Fischer lost to Boris
      Spassky at the Siegen Olympiad - thumped a la Magnus Carlsen,
      "Just watch me!!"

Comment

So here's SoCA's reply to Mike Klein's bravado which we publically announced over on chesscom ...

https://www.chess.com/blog/MomOnaBre...mment-80441099

For this PM sig ... I'm afraid Mike Klein will willingly toss this game ... 100% guaranteed.

So sad, but true.

Instead Mike ... here's what I want to showcase ...

As CEO of SoCA, Society of Chess Aficionados, I'll gladly add another 1k USD to your generous 10k USD to have our future, the youth of Canada, go up against our PM. You select a Canadian youth ... perhaps CFC or CMA rated ... to play against Justin or perhaps one of ... his chosen youth!!!

Please sit this one out Mike ... appreciate your bravado and your want ... I do, but let's let our future speak for itself!!!

Reach out to me here ... societyofchessaficionados at gmail dot com

Furthermore ... we challenge all Canadian companies to step up and put your hard earned money where your branding is!!!

Now's the time for our future Chess in Canada to shine!!!

Much love!
        peace,
        n.

Last edited by Neil Frarey; Friday, 24th February, 2023, 05:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Francis Rodriguez View Post
          "Just watch me!!"
          The world no longer possesses great statesmen, nor even competent journalists, like this.
          CBC Archives: Just Watch Me, 1970 | CBC - YouTube

Comment

Thanks Brad for posting the link. Face to face - great back and forth - I really enjoyed that memory.

Comment

Earlier I was referring to Pierre Trudeau's blindfold game with his political partner (the guy who organized great chess events in Montreal in the seventies - I forget his name) on a plane somewhere in Russia. He was bribed into playing by an offer of a fresh orange. That was posted somewhere on chesstalk about 10 years ago but I cant find the thread.

Comment

Working...
              X