Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bob Gillanders
    replied
    Thanks everyone for attending the Bob & Gord Milton Spring Active yesterday.

The winners are:

Elite section

1st / 2nd - Kyrylo Demchenko 4/5 - $ 250
    Gordon Gooding 4/5 - $ 250
    3rd - Merlin Nazareno 3/5 - $100

U1800

1st - Japveer Narula 4.5 /5 - $ 150 plus 1st Trophy
    2nd - Mustafa Shah 3.5 /5 - $ 75 plus 2nd Trophy
    3rd - Trifelino 3.5 / 5 - $ 75 plus 3rd Trophy

U1200 & unrated

1st Trophy - Muhammad Aman Shaik 5 / 5.
    2nd Trophy - Hisham Mohammed 4 / 5
    3rd Trophy - Kevin Barker 4 / 5

plus participation cupcakes for all.

Leave a comment:

• Gordon Gooding
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20230603_174111.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	8.8 KB
ID:	227092
    Hi all, thanks to all who came to our tourney. Hope you enjoyed the chess themed cupcakes made by my wife ( I had no idea she was doing this until they just showed up) which I passed on everyone's thanks to her. See the attached pic of our fearless TD, Bobby Gillanders sporting one cupcake. I will put up the winners shortly. Hope to see you all in the next Bob and Gord tourney.

​​​​​​​

Leave a comment:

• Gordon Gooding
    replied
    39 players registered so far. The entry fee is now $60 if received today. Thanks for signing up in our tourney. Get a good sleep tonight. You will need it for tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• Gordon Gooding
    replied
    38 entries as of 10:32pm. Please make sure your cfc membership is in good standing and on the cfc website. If you have purchased a cfc membership within a week, it may not be updated on the cfc website, please provide proof of membership with your entry fee. Good night all, need my sleep. I will update tomorrow, maybe on my lunch break or evening.

Leave a comment:

• Gordon Gooding
    replied
    Hi all, I will be updating the registration list a little later tonight ( around ten pm and then maybe im off to bed). In just a few hours the price goes up to $60 unless I receive the $50 entry fee b4 midnight!

Leave a comment:

• Gordon Gooding
    replied
    Hi all, just a reminder to check that your cfc membership is in good standing on Jun 03 for the Bob and Gord Milton Active tourney this Sat (I hope you do!) if you are playing. If your name is not on this list, there is a good chance I have contacted you about cfc membership not in good standing.

Leave a comment:

• Gordon Gooding
    replied
    Tomorrow is the last day for the entry fee at $50 for the Bob and Gord Milton Active. We are at 29 players so far. Hope to see you there.

Leave a comment:

• Gordon Gooding
    replied
    We got a few more now on the registration list (post #4). Can we get to at least 40 registrants by Thursday, before the entry fee goes up to $60?

Leave a comment:

• Gordon Gooding
    replied
    Hi all, just a few days left until the entry fee changes from $50 to $60. Will update the registration list later tonight.

Leave a comment:

• Gordon Gooding
    replied
    Just six days left until game day. The price is only $50 if entry fee is received by this Thursday. Just added some more names to the registration list on post #4.

Question: by a show of responses, how many would be interested in playing in an active team tournament? I might think about setting up one if there was sufficient interest later this year.

Leave a comment:

• Gordon Gooding
    replied
    Hi all, just 8 days left before tourney time in Milton. The entry fee is only $50 if I receive it by Jun 01,. Still time to think about it but dont take too long. You blink and its gone! GREAT TOURNEY FOR FIRST TIMERS. If you just purchased or renewed your cfc membership, I would advise you to submit a snapshot of the transaction along with your entry fee, cfc number and name, just in case, it doesnt show up on the update at the cfc webiste in time.

Leave a comment:

• Gordon Gooding
    replied
    Hi all. Just a reminder, there is no pre registration, I.e sign up now, pay later. Registration is complete when payment is made along with the other mentioned requirements stated in the flyer on post #1. Will be updating registration list later. Seeing some familiar names here. Glad to think that some players are enjoying the Bob and Gord tourney series!

Leave a comment:

• Gordon Gooding
    replied
    Hi all, just over two weeks remaining to get into the Bob and Gord Jun 03 tourney for an entry fee of only $50. The price goes up to $60 on Jun 02 and then $70 cash only on Jun 03. Please see post number four for registration list. If you have never played in a Chess Federation of Canada rated chess tournament before, this is a great one day tournament for newcomers to tournament chess. Hope to see you on Jun 03. If you have played in a Bob and Gord tourney before, hope to see you too. If you havent played in a Bob and Gord tourney, what are you waiting for?
    Last edited by Gordon Gooding; Tuesday, 16th May, 2023, 01:58 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Gordon Gooding
    replied
    Hi all,

Hope you have a good Mothers Day weekend. Just a quick bump, A couple more names added to the registration list

Leave a comment:

• Gordon Gooding
    replied
    Hi all,

Less than a month to go before the next Bob and Gord, Jun 03 in Milton at the Milton Seniors Activity Centre. Update on registration list on post number 4. I might be selling some of my chess books and some unopened chess videos again. Maybe those who purchased at the March tourney might have a surprise or two for unsuspecting opponents if they show up in Jun.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X