Niagara Falls Open Early Bird entries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Niagara Falls Open Early Bird entries

We will be posting the Early Bird entries on CFC site in the forums section Tournaments on April 2 or shortly after.
    There is still time to get the early bird special that ends April 1,2023 at midnight.

Thanks for the reminder John.

​​​​​​https://www-files.chess.ca/events/20...ical-Flyer.pdf

Comment

Mitchell will be a capable director of the Niagara Falls Open. He wanted to continue the Niagara Falls Open Chess Tournament and found a much bigger site than what we had before. I will be there playing and helping Mitchell in anyway that is required. John R. Brown and I will be involved with the tournament for as long as we are able to, which gives Mitchell experienced TD's with which to draw from.

Hope to see and play a lot of the regulars at the tournament.

Early bird entries receive a $10 discount by paying by April 1st.

John Erickson
      Niagara Falls

Comment

Only 1 week left until Early Bird ends. A reminder that email entries do not get the Early Bird discount.

Comment

Originally posted by John Brown View Post
          Only 1 week left until Early Bird ends. A reminder that email entries do not get the Early Bird discount.
          No mention yet about the roast beef sandwiches......
          I want my roast beef sandwiches!
          Sliced paper-thin, drizzled in Lindsay butter ringlets....
          John?

Comment

Sorry Francis;
            We changed sites and Roast Beef sandwiches will not be served like the older Niagara Falls Opens.

Comment

Aaaah those roast beef sandwiches! You got a taste for them Francis! Yes what a highlight. Actually there were many highlights to the old Shriners club, the place oozed character, the gentlemen who served us were real characters and then there were the treasures in the back garage and the analysis sessions with Frank Pushkedra. Things I took for granted because I only played in three of those tournaments. All now lost in time. But the memories are still good. Great memories. Those were great events.

Comment

Just a reminder that the Early Bird $10 discount ends in 3 days. The site can hold 100 players so there are still lots of spots in the open and U1000 sections.

Comment

Is this chess tournament FIDE-Rated? It was not mentioned on the FLYER. But, according to the note below;

Note
                  : To All Players

We will be using the Higher of FIDE, USCF, or CDN ratings for pairing purposes

Comment

No it is not. We do not have enough titled players to consider that.
                    We are only using the higher of CFC USCF or FIDE for pairing purposes.

Comment

Early Bird will be extended Today April 1.2024 until midnight.
                      A reminder I'll be posting the Early Bird on CFC website on CFC Forums in tournament announcements on April 2 or soon after.

Comment

The early Bird entries are now posted at www.chess.ca cfc forums tournament announcements There may be updates ain the next few days.

Comment

Working...
                        X