Warning to those who play the tables at Nathan Phillips Square

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warning to those who play the tables at Nathan Phillips Square

You'll love this one. City of Toronto. It seems that in the main washrooms beside the main concession, they have installed shiny new heavy duty industrial strength stainless steel automatic-flush water saving toilets, at least in the men's washroom. It flushes with a terrific jet - blast of cold water, However, it is either unable to tell, or does not care, that you are still sitting there. Twice now I have been sprayed with cold water on my buttocks and upper thighs. I suspect a combination of "motion" detector and timer.

The large handicapped toilet stall in the men's washroom at the Birkshire Community Centre has the same problem...........Scarborough Chess Club meets there.

Bob A

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Henderson View Post
      You'll love this one. City of Toronto. It seems that in the main washrooms beside the main concession, they have installed shiny new heavy duty industrial strength stainless steel automatic-flush water saving toilets, at least in the men's washroom. It flushes with a terrific jet - blast of cold water, However, it is either unable to tell, or does not care, that you are still sitting there. Twice now I have been sprayed with cold water on my buttocks and upper thighs. I suspect a combination of "motion" detector and timer.
      Fred, the questions seem to be: 1) why did you go back for a second session?, and 2) will there be a third? :)
      "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
      "Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
      "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

Originally posted by Peter McKillop View Post

Fred, the questions seem to be: 1) why did you go back for a second session?, and 2) will there be a third? :)
        Prob following a system:)
        Fred came into the Strategy Games store on Sunday and I offered
        him the London system and he fell down laughing. He was looking
        at the Flexible Sicilian (2....e6!), and told me a nice story on Avrukh!
        Never a dull moment!

Comment

Originally posted by Peter McKillop View Post

I was constipated. It all happened in the same sitdown. I guess city hall is now telling us to s h i t or get off the pot.

Thanks Francis. The story on Avrukh is: He was on my Facebook list during the lockdown. In volume 4,of 1.d4 Grandmaster Repertoire, which we all waited a long time for, , in the chapter on the Modern Benoni, the opening goes...

1. d4 Nf6 2. c4 e6 3. Nf3 c5 4. d5 exd5 5. cxd5 d6 6. Nc3 g6 7. g3 Bg7 8. Bg2 O-O 9. O-O. He considered many possibilities for Black, but the one that was giving me the most trouble was 9...Bf5, which was not in his book. When I pointed out this omission, his reply was short and sweet, "I guess it wasn't popular when I wrote the book". I was not impressed.
          Last edited by Fred Henderson; Thursday, 4th May, 2023, 01:06 PM.

Comment

Hey Guys. I am here at the city hall library and I have some good news. I have just discovered that there is still one of the old-school manual-flush porcelain toilets from the 20th century, the one on the far left. I am hoping they left it their on purpose, for guys like me.

Justin Trudeau is the man man man man

Comment

Working...
            X