Game of the day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game of the day

https://www.chessgames.com/perl/chessgame?gid=1110082 Quite the battle. What a sweet finishing tactic - last move of the game.

Originally posted by Hans Jung View Post
    https://www.chessgames.com/perl/chessgame?gid=1110082 Quite the battle. What a sweet finishing tactic - last move of the game.
    Yesh, that was some kind of overload she laid on him. But why the exchange sacrifice by Browne? 33...Rd5 doesn't look good to me, but Browne is the GM.

Comment

Shows that good defence is much harder to play than good attacking chess. Also knowing Walter Browne there was probably time pressure involved.

Comment

I thought a lot about that statement. At first I didn't like it, but eventually I had to agree, at least at the level Browne and Polgar. But perhaps we can say that it is harder to become a good attacker?

Comment

No, I still stand behind my statement. I guess we will have to agree to disagree.

Comment

No, I still stand behind my statement. I guess we will have to agree to disagree.
            Your statement was something like "it is easier to attack...", which I don't dispute. My statement was quite different: "it more difficult to become a good attacker". If you say otherwise then yeah I agree with you. We'll have to agree to disagree.

Comment

I'll phrase it a different way - the skills to becoming a good defender are much harder to learn than learning the skills of a good attacker. True Im probably biased because I was a good attacker from early on. Also there are far more resources out there teaching how to attack and far less on the skills of good defence.

Comment

I'll phrase it a different way - the skills to becoming a good defender are much harder to learn than learning the skills of a good attacker. True Im probably biased because I was a good attacker from early on. Also there are far more resources out there teaching how to attack and far less on the skills of good defence.
                I agree with your insight here Hans, thanks for pointing it out.

Comment

Working...
                X