Sharjah Masters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sharjah Masters

https://en.chessbase.com/post/sharjah-masters-2023-live A smorgasbord of games from the Sharjah Masters which has just started. Checkout Cori - Kaidanov. Kaidanov is one of America's great teachers and still plays amazing chess in his 60's. In this game he works thru the complications and establishes connected central passed pawns with lovely supporting piece tactics.

Checkout Yoo - Maghsoodloo from rd 1! Most of us know of Christopher Yoo a young, brilliant American grandmaster who plays dynamically. Not so many know Maghsoodloo, an Iranian grandmaster. Yoo gets a valuable lesson. The tactics of this game! So many! After Kd2 Qxf2+ an untakeable queen sacrifice. and 41...b3! (the tickler!) are good examples.

Comment

Gukesh and Yu games both stunning!

Comment

Erigaisi and Salem games -wow!

Comment

Tabatabael -Yuffa Passed pawn extravaganza. Yuffa who I admire (he played blindfold chess while playing classical pieces on the piano - just think about that!) got the two knights which he loves but those knights couldnt dance fast enough

Comment

Nihal Sarin - Theodoru translates to a pointy king and pawn endgame.

Comment

Korobov's kings knight does the long dance Nf3, d2, f1, g3, f5, e3, d5 just to weaken the kingside. What a chess artist!

Comment

Sadly I cant get to all the games. There are just too many! The joyful challenge of those first round games creating such competition and wonderful finishes! First round matches of 2600 and 2700 players!

Comment

Rd 2 Sethuraman played "simple" chess as in Michael Steans interpretation and Christopher Yoo bounced back with a resourceful win against Adibhan.

Comment

Originally posted by Hans Jung View Post
                    https://en.chessbase.com/post/sharjah-masters-2023-live A smorgasbord of games from the Sharjah Masters which has just started. Checkout Cori - Kaidanov. Kaidanov is one of America's great teachers and still plays amazing chess in his 60's. In this game he works thru the complications and establishes connected central passed pawns with lovely supporting piece tactics.
                    Not sure where the wires got crossed, but Cori-Kaidanov was in round 3 of the Americas Continental currently taking place in the Dominican Republic. Also in the field are Canadian IMs Raja Panjwani, Leon Piasetski, and Raymond Kaufman.

https://chess-results.com/tnr742500....et=YES&flag=30

Comment

Serves me right. I usually check the crosstables but I was so eager to see the Sharjah games I dove right in. Still the Kaidanov game was a thrill to play over.

Comment

Rd 3 Nice games by Yakubboev and Asis.

Comment

Rd 4 Lovely play by Azarov with two knights and queen and nice finish by Kuybokarov.

Comment

Kuybokarov's radar vision wins another game. (rd 5)

Comment

Rd 6 Oparin crunches Hans Niemann.

Comment

Working...
                              X