Chess.com silliness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chess.com silliness

This game took place a few days ago. My opponent accused me of cheating. Chess.com analysis credited me with a 2450 performance. I think it was a random blitz game where the victory was offered on a plate. I don't trust Chess.com's player evaluations at all. They have been a bit trigger happy with cheating charges.

(256) Random 1700 - Hal Bond [C42]

1.e4 Nf6 2.Nc3 e5 3.Nf3 Bb4 4.Nxe5 0–0 5.d3 Re8 6.Nc4 d5 7.Nd2 dxe4 8.Ncxe4 Nxe4 9.dxe4 Rxe4+ 10.Be2 Bg4 11.f3

XABCDEFGHY
    8rsn-wq-+k+(
    7zppzp-+pzpp'
    6-+-+-+-+&
    5+-+-+-+-%
    4-vl-+r+l+$
    3+-+-+P+-#
    2PzPPsNL+PzP"
    1tR-vLQmK-+R!
    xabcdefghy

11...Bxf3 [What is a girl to do? Of course we sac the B. This is sluggo chess 101.]

12.gxf3 Qh4+ 13.Kf1 Qh3+

XABCDEFGHY
    8rsn-+-+k+(
    7zppzp-+pzpp'
    6-+-+-+-+&
    5+-+-+-+-%
    4-vl-+r+-+$
    3+-+-+P+q#
    2PzPPsNL+-zP"
    1tR-vLQ+K+R!
    xabcdefghy

14.Kf2 [Obvious blunder. After Ke1 Black has to find some unforced moves.]

14...Bc5+ 15.Ke1 Qh4+ 0-1

I'd say it's a pretty nice game, Hal!! Potential theoretical importance in a rare line of the Three Knights'!

Comment

You are still dangerous Hal. Your opponent didnt know what he was doing in the opening. Classical exploitation of pins and nice finish!

Comment

I find it so frustrating when players who play poorly instead accuse the opponent of cheating! :((

Comment

The other day in a Timmy's, I had a guy underestimate me three times in a row.

:)

Comment

Dang Hal, you are a dangerous player, you got game!

Comment

Originally posted by Hal Bond View Post
              [FONT=Calibri][B][FONT=FigurineCB AriesSP]This game took place a few days ago. My opponent accused me of cheating.
              My solution, which I've implemented flawlessly: Play much worse and you'll never have this happen.

Comment

A couple of weeks ago, for the very first time in my life, I was accused at trying to cheat in a game of chess by my opponent, a guy down at Nathan Phillips that I usually defeat. A piece got knocked over, I questioned the way he replaced it, and he got kind of threatening and says "don't you try and cheat me, buddy" Turns out he was right, but it didn't matter. My response was quick and quiet and calm. One other person on the scene. I say "F*** you, we'll never play again" Leave, and walk away. Did not look back.

What a loser. LOL His loss.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Henderson View Post
                  A couple of weeks ago, for the very first time in my life, I was accused at trying to cheat in a game of chess by my opponent, a guy down at Nathan Phillips that I usually defeat. A piece got knocked over, I questioned the way he replaced it, and he got kind of threatening and says "don't you try and cheat me, buddy" Turns out he was right, but it didn't matter. My response was quick and quiet and calm. One other person on the scene. I say "F*** you, we'll never play again" Leave, and walk away. Did not look back.

What a loser. LOL His loss.
                  You make it sound like you accused him of cheating and then, when he responded in kind, you had a little snit and stormed off. I'd be surprised if he viewed that as "his loss."
                  "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
                  "Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
                  "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

Working...
                  X